Lone Duckling- Southeast Michigan

samuelsonfarm

Chirping
6 Years
May 27, 2013
Well, our late hatch was a miserable failure. Only 2 of 17 hatched, and one was llame and died about 24hrs after hatching. Now I've got one adorable lone duck. I'm praying that on a whim someone nearby has some newly hatched ducklings and would be willing to sell even just one of them! I am so sad for our poor little guy who is all alone. If you or someone you know lives anywhere near southeast Michigan and has just hatched ducklings within a week (or anticipating a hatch) please let me know....I'm in quite a pickle! Also, any tips to keep this little guy happy? He seems a bit stressed unless we are right next to him 24/7. Thanks!

Poor little guy! Until you can find him a friend I would give him a stuffed animal or a feather duster to hide under. You could also give him a mirror. As a last resort, if you can't find any ducklings locally, I believe Ideal is shipping them this week if you wanted to order some. You'd have to do it by Wednesday though because that's when they ship.

I gave 6 muskovies 1 month old...like I said I can keep your duck until spring until you get situated..and if you want you can have my other 6 ? I have 40 ft pen 6 ft high built like fort knox..lol. and it is attached to a large shed with pine shavings..they are watered twice a day..and I have a heater for winter for them..and they free range for about 6 hours in day .

I have 6 muskovies 1 month old...like I said I can keep your duck until spring until you get situated..and if you want you can have my other 6 ? I have 40 ft pen 6 ft high built like fort knox..lol. and it is attached to a large shed with pine shavings..they are watered twice a day..and I have a heater for winter for them..and they free range for about 6 hours in day .

700[/IMG]

Thank you all for our replies! Those baby scovies are adorable! I ended up ordering 5 ducklings from ideal hatchery. I was shocked to find 10 male chicks in th box and 2 dead ducklings in the box :( What on earth am I going to do with 10 roosters? I feel likk every turn there's a new problem....at least our lone duck is not lonely any more :) ideal is supposed to be sending replacement ducks....but I don't want 10 more chicks!!!!

Back
Top Bottom