Look at the state of that box! (shipped eggs)

I am not sure if the seller insured it, but I doubt it. I figure you really take a chance on shipped eggs, it's a gamble in more than one way. I bought 30 cortunix eggs and 15 were smashed, when I informed the seller his response was he would pack them better next time..not as in let me replace those for you. Myself, I would replace eggs that were broken if the extras did not make up for it. But after buying so many eggs online I think I would pack them really well as a seller :) I've seen how different people pack and I've seen which ones make it to the destination the best. The foam with circles cut is by far the best imo, but the bubble wrap individual eggs works really well too. I think you can honestly tell who cares out their eggs and who does not just by how they are packaged for shipping.

All you have to do is to enter the tracking number in the online USPS tracker and it will tell you if the package was insured. It is very likely that a Priority Mail package was insured for up to $100.

Unfortunately only the shipper can file a claim for damages and the claim has to be filed within 30 days.

I am not sure if the seller insured it, but I doubt it.  I figure you really take a chance on shipped eggs, it's a gamble in more than one way.  I bought 30 cortunix eggs and 15 were smashed, when I informed the seller his response was he would pack them better next time..not as in let me replace those for you.  Myself, I would replace eggs that were broken if the extras did not make up for it.  But after buying so many eggs online I think I would pack them really well as a seller :)  I've seen how different people pack and I've seen which ones make it to the destination the best.  The foam with circles cut is by far the best imo, but the bubble wrap individual eggs works really well too.  I think you can honestly tell who cares out their eggs and who does not just by how they are packaged for shipping.
[/quote
Yes that I'm certain of that. Shipping eggs would be a delicate matter. Until I got on this forum I had no idea people buy eggs like this. I guess I'm lucky I live in an area to buy locally:)

I think the post office entered this box into the annual post office Olympics. I cant image how much weight they tossed on this poor box with my Osceola eggs in it :(

I will say, the seller did an amazing job packaging. Each egg was generously wrapped in bubble wrap and packed in shredded paper. I won 6 eggs on Ebay, seller shipped 7, 1 was totally scrambled so I ended up with 6 and I'm pleased. Hopefully I can get at least 50% hatch even with whatever the post office did to the box.

Thank you rdeerhunter3618 for an awesome job packaging.
WOW!! That box is definitly scrambled. Good luck with the hatch

My box fiasco has been the talk of the local post office. I live in a small town obviously haha! My weekend mail lady stopped in today to ask me how the eggs were when I opened the box. Maybe the postal workers were taking bets..

When I see boxes destroyed like that , I'm sorry I don't believe it to be an accident. I think 'some" postal workers enjoy throwing them around. I can't say what I would like to see done to them as punishment for their crime. That is just horrible.

I get up this morning and check the eggs in the incubator to find all of the osceloa's have been put in a bowl and sitting in a hatcher my husband just made. I couldn't figure out why he did it other than maybe the weight of all my turkey eggs was stopping the turner in the new incubator(there is a thread in the incubation section on my new wine cooler incubator and hatcher). I left them alone and waiting for hubby to wake up. He says they all have a big pip and must be bad eggs. I said no way, I just checked them (before putting in the new incubator last night) and all were ok. He says no, they are even leaking! I had to tell him that I painted a crack in one with clear shiny nail polish. He insisted they had a problem and I should look at them. I get a bright table lamp and go over every egg. I see no problems, no blow outs, no pip looking marks. He says LOOK it's right there! And points to a O which had been penciled on the egg..doh!
lau.gif
Well the eggs are fine, thankfully but gpop1 does definitely need a new set of glasses. Still to early to tell how hard the shipping was on them.

Oops Wrong avatar. That's one of the RB gobbs , obviously! His tail feathers look pretty ragged, the geese pull them every time he gets close.
LOL funny you mention geese. We got 3, 2 month old African geese a few weeks ago and my 1.5month old turkey poult hates them! He's way smaller than they are but will display by dropping his wings and tip toeing. The geese do not tolerate him at all so I have to watch them when the poult is running around in the yard. I've even seen the geese go stare into the aviary where the poult lives when he's not out. It's like they are trying to wind him up enough to attack.

It's been 8 days and I have no development :( I think it's a wash. I'll keep them for another few days to be sure.

I get up this morning and check the eggs in the incubator to find all of the osceloa's have been put in a bowl and sitting in a hatcher my husband just made.  I couldn't figure out why he did it other than maybe the weight of all my turkey eggs was stopping the turner in the new incubator(there is a thread in the incubation section on my new wine cooler incubator and hatcher).  I left them alone and waiting for hubby to wake up.  He says they all have a big pip and must be bad eggs.  I said no way, I just checked them (before putting in the new incubator last night) and all were ok.  He says no, they are even leaking!  I had to tell him that I painted a crack in one with clear shiny nail polish.  He insisted they had a problem and I should look at them.  I get a bright table lamp and go over every egg.  I see no problems, no blow outs, no pip looking marks.  He says LOOK it's right there!  And points to a O which had been penciled on the egg..doh! :lau   Well the eggs are fine, thankfully but gpop1 does definitely need a new set of glasses.  Still to early to tell how hard the shipping was on them.

Hopefully nothing happened to them during shipment. That will be a real miracle. Do you have miracle names picked out for them all already?

Back
Top Bottom