Look at the state of that box! (shipped eggs)

When I see boxes destroyed like that , I'm sorry I don't believe it to be an accident. I think 'some" postal workers enjoy throwing them around. I can't say what I would like to see done to them as punishment for their crime. That is just horrible.
I have to agree with you there. When my oldest son was in college he used to work part time at FX and he was appalled at the behavior of some of the package handlers. He came home with horror stories of how some of the guys would literally throw "fragile" and "handle with care" marked boxes from the dock all the way to the front of the truck and then kick the boxes into place just for good measure. Son hated working with them; and despite complaints, management never did anything as the company had a hard time finding anyone to work those hours as it was. Needless to say, son found another job asap although his supervisor begged him to stay. Said son is now a police officer.

I have to agree with you there. When my oldest son was in college he used to work part time at FX and he was appalled at the behavior of some of the package handlers. He came home with horror stories of how some of the guys would literally throw "fragile" and "handle with care" marked boxes from the dock all the way to the front of the truck and then kick the boxes into place just for good measure. Son hated working with them; and despite complaints, management never did anything as the company had a hard time finding anyone to work those hours as it was. Needless to say, son found another job asap although his supervisor begged him to stay. Said son is now a police officer.
I think sometimes they do destroy the "fragile" boxes intentionally. It's a shame since postage is so high these days and on fragile things there is often no replacement policy other than to hit the post office up for it. The sellers will say they will not replace, not all, but some. I do regret not refusing delivery of the box, but I could not stand the idea there could have been fertile eggs in there that would make it. To me it looks like a very heavy package was put on the box so that it was squashed. I thought there may be some who make it in there, but it looks like since none of the eggs have developed at all that maybe they were scrambled as well

I think sometimes they do destroy the "fragile" boxes intentionally. It's a shame since postage is so high these days and on fragile things there is often no replacement policy other than to hit the post office up for it. The sellers will say they will not replace, not all, but some. I do regret not refusing delivery of the box, but I could not stand the idea there could have been fertile eggs in there that would make it. To me it looks like a very heavy package was put on the box so that it was squashed. I thought there may be some who make it in there, but it looks like since none of the eggs have developed at all that maybe they were scrambled as well
they definately do. my dad retired from the post office and he cringes when we get eggs in the mail. we have had boxes come in thet look perfect, but there are broken and scrambled eggs inside and smashed boxes with perfect eggs (that most still didnt hatch).

he said with his last batch, they only way he will have them shipped now is to go through registered mail. the postage might be more, but the packages have to be signed for and accounted for by certain people along the way. he use to deal antiques and this was how he mailed stuff....not that it would eliminate the rough handling, but if my name was acountable for something.. i would be more careful. he also said not to put anywhere that there are eggs inside... he thinks thats why they shake the boxes... just put extremely fragile or fragile...then they dont know whats in it.

LOL funny you mention geese.  We got 3, 2 month old African geese a few weeks ago and my 1.5month old turkey poult hates them!  He's way smaller than they are but will display by dropping his wings and tip toeing.  The geese do not tolerate him at all so I have to watch them when the poult is running around in the yard.  I've even seen the geese go stare into the aviary where the poult lives when he's not out.  It's like they are trying to wind him up enough to attack.
the reason I keep the geese (I'm not fond of them,they're my daughters LoL) is that they watch so well

My daughter also wanted a goose, but of course you need more than 1. :D

Well, the osceolas were a wash, none developed. I threw them out this morning.

My daughter also wanted a goose, but of course you need more than 1.  :D 

Well, the osceolas were a wash, none developed.  I threw them out this morning. 

I only have 1 goose-a big Toulouse male (learned his gender & breed through BYC & another site as he's a rescue.) He does just fine alone. When he wants company, he lets me know. He's very gentle, and I go out and talk to him and pet him for a while, maybe give him a treat; and then we all remain calm and happy:)

LOL funny you mention geese.  We got 3, 2 month old African geese a few weeks ago and my 1.5month old turkey poult hates them!  He's way smaller than they are but will display by dropping his wings and tip toeing.  The geese do not tolerate him at all so I have to watch them when the poult is running around in the yard.  I've even seen the geese go stare into the aviary where the poult lives when he's not out.  It's like they are trying to wind him up enough to attack.
Hilarious! The geese are my daughters and terrorize everything but the Jersey Giant "Okie" Bigalow, Chicken Gigalo rooster and he can move faster than they can.

haha love your Jersey's name:)

1f60e.png
1f414.png

Back
Top Bottom