Looking for a Chicken Whisperer

So only two being introduced? Toss her out of that crate and let them do what's going to be done...

Initially: 5 bantam hens, 1 bantam roo, 1 standard hen
Currently: Bantams in the back part of the run. Standard + 4 chicks in front part of the run.
New hen I picked up a month ago was very sick and spent a majority of her time in my bathroom, with occasional visits outside in the “jail” (small, portable run). She bonded with the chicks and was accepted in the front run immediately a week ago.

Initially: 5 bantam hens, 1 bantam roo, 1 standard hen
Currently: Bantams in the back part of the run. Standard + 4 chicks in front part of the run.
New hen I picked up a month ago was very sick and spent a majority of her time in my bathroom, with occasional visits outside in the “jail” (small, portable run). She bonded with the chicks and was accepted in the front run immediately a week ago.
What was she sick with? If you only had her a month and she has already had time be accepted a week ago you may have a bigger issue than integration to be worried about

What was she sick with? If you only had her a month and she has already had time be accepted a week ago you may have a bigger issue than integration to be worried about
No clue and that is a long story I don’t want to rehash on this post. Everyone is fine with her except the roo, but it is early. I just find it odd and funny that they won’t leave each other’s side, but he runs her off when there is no barrier.

It’s like a co-dependent, abusive strange relationship :confused:
That has been my experiences with bantam roosters. Mostly cochins, d'uccle, and silkies. They often don't like extra adult females, and do often chase away those they don't consider theirs. In standard breed roosters they seem to take everything.

I think with time he will accept her. You just need to wait out his memory that she shouldn't be there.

Back
Top Bottom