Looking for a male saint bernard

Puppy video now updated.....

They are starting to open their eyes now....too cute!

Last edited:
Video now updated....I put it on photo bucket and youtube. They sure pee alot. I am thinking about putting in the potty pan already? They wont be 2 weeks till this wed. Everyone says wait till 3 weeks?

Also looking for puppy packet ideas. What all to put in there?

I have some people coming this next weekend so I need to get a sale agreement/contract going any ideas on that?

it doesnt work for me...
hit.gif

In my puppy packs I put lots of photos (mom, dad, babies through the weeks, grandparents famous relatives etc),
vaccination/ weight/health history of pup,
packet of food I'm feeding them with info and coupons if I can find any,
puppy pack from vet (include a Heartguard tablet and Frontline plus dose)
puppy care info,
copy of contract,
and all of my contact info.
The paperwork is in a paper folder with the new owner's name on it and I have everything else bagged ahead of time so I don't forget anything.
Also make sure you get multiple ways of contact (phone, cell phone, email, regular address, etc) for the potential buyers and keep it! I hate not being able to reach my puppy owners for updates due to changed numbers. I try to keep in touch a few times a year with past litter owners.
Aprille

I don't think you need that litter certificate, unless you want to pay for it. That is fairly new for AKC, and I just think it was a way for them to make more money from litter owners.

I don't think you need that litter certificate, unless you want to pay for it. That is fairly new for AKC, and I just think it was a way for them to make more money from litter owners.
Thank you! I did order it already but thats what I thought too. I did not order any puppy packs though so I will make up my own.

Here is a pretty generic version of my purchase agreement. You can copy this into any word processor and alter it however you like.

A PURCHASE AGREEMENT
1) PURPOSE
A.
A major purpose of this contract is to protect, preserve, and perpetuate the standards as spelled out below of the Rottweiler Breed.
B. This contract is executed on this the ________ day of ______________ by and between
_______the seller of the interest, (Co-owner) _______the seller,
_______________________________________________, hereinafter referred to as “seller” or “breeder”, and

_______the buyer (Owner) _______the buyer of the interest, (Owner/Co-Owner)
____________________________________ hereinafter referred to as “Buyer” or “Owner”, concerning the

_______purchase (outright full ownership) _______the purchase of the interest (co ownership)
in the companion/show/working prospect animal described below for the sum of $______.00, US Money order or Certified Check, (paid in full) under the following warranties and conditions. NO OTHER WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS ARE EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. This contract is freely entered into by all parties, with no mental reservation whatsoever.

C. Name of dog: _______________________________________
Sex ____________ Whelp Date: ___________ Breed: __________________ Color: ____________________ Chip# AVID__________________ AKC

DEFINITIONS
D.
For the purpose of this contract, companion animal shall mean a dog who has been determined to have certain qualities that make it not suitable for the conformation show ring, or breeding. For the purpose of this contract, show prospect shall mean a dog capable of attaining an AKC CH title with proper handling and conditioning. For the purpose of this contract, working prospect shall mean a puppy which shows marked aptitude for future training.
A. ____This puppy is graded as a show prospect, and will be sold with full AKC registration
____with Co-Ownership ____without Co Ownership.
B. ____This puppy is graded as a working/companion prospect and will be sold with AKC Limited Registration
____with ____without Co Ownership.
Puppies sold on AKC Limited Registration may not be shown for AKC Championship points, nor can any progeny from puppies sold on Limited Registration ever be registered with the AKC. Any puppy sold on Limited Registration is sold on the condition that it will be altered by the age specified by the breeder, and will never be allowed to reproduce. Certain animals may be sold on limited and re-evaluated in regard to being shown for CH points. This re-evaluation shall occur no later than 12 months of age.
C. For the purpose of this contract, OFA certification shall mean a dog certified free of hip or elbow disease in the manner prescribed by the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals, Inc. http://www.offa.org (hereinafter OFA), and given a registration number by the OFA.
D. Any section of this contract which shows a blank shall be marked with a check mark if it applies to the puppy being sold under this contract, or N/A if it does not.
******seller___________________ Buyer_________________Witness___________________

2) OBLIGATIONS OF SELLER
A.
Seller warrants that said dog is a purebred dog and it may be or is registered with the AKC on
_____Limited Registration
_____Full Registration
This dog shall carry the registered name selected by the breeder and shall include the kennel name Redyre. This dog is produced by parents that have both received OFA normal hip certification, elbow rating of either normal or DJD Grade 1, with normal hearts and eyes. Seller will provide buyer at the time and date of this contract a true copy of said dog’s AKC registration certificate, and a true copy of said dog’s pedigree of at least 3 generations. For puppies sold on Limited Registration, the actual registration certificate shall be provided once the contractual obligations for health testing and neutering have been fulfilled.

B. Seller warrants that this dog is healthy, and has been properly cared for up to and including the date of this contract, and will provide buyer with an individual health record for said dog, warranty VOID if dog is not examined by a licensed veterinarian within 72 hours of purchase. This puppy is guaranteed against any infectious disease for 7 days from the date of this contract.
C. Seller hereby agrees that this dog may be returned to the seller at any time for any reason for the duration of the lifetime of the dog. Any dog returned must be returned WITH Registration papers duly signed over to the breeder. Puppy may be returned for any reason, along with duly signed registration papers, within the first 7 days after purchase and buyer may receive a full refund, less any shipping expenses. This is the only circumstance under which a cash refund is guaranteed to a puppy buyer.
a) _____If this puppy sold on Limited Registration develops any condition that would render it unsuitable as a companion animal, or if it should develop any condition that adversely affects the quality of life of the animal before the age of 36 months, a replacement will be offered for ½ the original purchase price. Replacement fee may be waived at the option of seller. Return of the original puppy is not required, only proof of sterilization.
b) _____If this puppy sold on full AKC Registration should develop any disqualifying fault under the breed standard, or should this puppy fail to receive a normal hip or heart rating, or should this puppy be graded anything other than Normal or DJD Grade 1 elbows, from the OFA by 28 months of age, or should this puppy not meet its original potential as a show dog, a replacement will be offered for ½ the original purchase price. Replacement fee may be waived at the option of seller. Return of the original puppy is not required, only proof of sterilization
There will be no cash refunds. This provision is of the essence of this agreement, even if no other remedy is available.
******seller_________________ Buyer_________________Witness_________________
Replacements, if any, required by this agreement are excluded or limited as follows:

c) The replacement dog will be of the next, if any, available litter
d) In the case of a serious health or temperament problem, Buyer has the option to pay a replacement fee of ½ the original purchase price for another companion animal, and must submit proof that the original animal has been rendered sterile. Replacement fee may be waived at the option of the Seller.
e) Buyer agrees that the replacement animal shall be subject to all terms and conditions contained in this agreement, except that Buyer shall not be entitled to further replacements for any reason.
f) It is understood that the Seller may discontinue breeding, the sire or dam may die or become sterile, or Seller may be otherwise unable to provide a replacement, with no liability to Seller. Buyer accepts this risk.
g) No refund or replacement will be made if the fault is the result of any neglect, mistreatment, abuse, or lack of proper diet, socialization, and exercise.
3) OBLIGATIONS OF OWNER
A.
Owner agrees to notify ________________________________________ of any change of personal contact information, including current address, phone number, and email address within 30 days of such change.
B. Owner hereby agrees to maintain this dog as a household companion. Owner agrees to properly care for and confine this dog at all times, providing a premium food or raw diet, fresh water, socialization*, training, exercise, and to maintain the dog in good health at all times, with appropriate veterinary care. Buyer assumes all financial and legal responsibility for this dog from the time and date of this agreement.
*From the ages of 12 weeks to 12 months of age, this socialization shall include 3 or more trips each week OFF the owner’s property for positive socialization, training, and interaction with people. After titers, at least one of these trips should include a “happy visit” to your family veterinarian’s office for positive interaction with staff, weighing, visiting and TREATS. These “happy visits” will ensure a dog who will enjoy going to the vet’s office for the rest of his/her life.*
******seller_________________________ Buyer____________________Witness___________________
a) Buyer understands that the dam of this litter and the litter as well have been maintained on an exclusively raw diet. While not required, breeder STRONGLY ENCOURAGES puppy buyer to maintain the puppy on a raw diet, and will offer support and guidance in that area. If a complete raw diet is not to be followed, PREMIUM KIBBLE should be used, and regular supplementation with fresh raw meat, fruits and vegetables is STRONGLY ENCOURAGED.
C. Owner hereby agrees that this dog will never be used in violation of any local state or Federal laws, nor in any manner which would be detrimental to the health, safety or wellbeing of said dog. This is to include but not be limited to dog fighting and crimes against public safety.
D. Owner agrees that this dog is sold as a HOUSEHOLD COMPANION, and shall live and sleep inside the owner’s home. Owner hereby agrees to keep this dog confined when outdoors in an escape-proof securely fenced area no less than 5 feet in height, with all gates LOCKED at all times when not under the supervision of a qualified adult. “Invisible” or radio type fences DO NOT meet the conditions of this contract and may not be used as a primary method of confinement. This dog shall not be chained or tied out in any way at any time. This dog shall never be allowed to run or roam free without proper supervision, and must never fun free in violation of any leash law at any time.
E. _____Owner agrees to have this animal surgically sterilized, and to provide Rebekah ___________________________ documented proof of such sterilization from your veterinarian. Age of neutering of puppy dogs and bitches shall be determined and agreed upon between seller and buyer. This puppy shall be neutered by the age of ______________ months. If owner fails to provide the proof of spay or neuter by the required time, there will be one warning, with 30 days to comply. If after the warning and the 30 day grace period this animal has not been proven to be altered, Rebekah L. Pless and Redyre Rottweilers reserves the right to repossess this animal. In the event this section of this contract becomes necessary to enforce, the dog shall be peacefully surrendered to the breeder, ALONG WITH THE REGISTRATION PAPERS SIGNED OVER TO THE BREEDER. Owner is liable for any expenses incurred for repossession, alteration and surgery. Option of returning the dog to the non-compliant owner will be at the sole discretion of _____________________.
F. Owner agrees to keep dog supervised and confined so that any accidental breeding is impossible. Male dogs shall be suitably confined away from any bitches in season. Bitches in season shall be 100% supervised and confined during their season to prevent any chance of accidental breeding. If ANY POSSIBILITY of an accidental breeding occurs, __________________ shall be notified immediately.
G. Owner agrees to have preliminary hip and elbow films submitted to the OFA at the age of 12 months, and again at 24 to 28 months of age, along with heart and eye certifications. Thyroid screening is strongly recommended. Breeder strongly recommends this dog be radiographed using NO anesthesia. Breeder will assist in helping owner find appropriate veterinarians for the health screening. Lower cost screening clinics at dog shows may be used whenever possible. Copies of all results must be sent to Breeder. Owner must authorize the release of ALL RESULTS TO THE DATA BASE for ALL health testing on this dog whether normal or abnormal. This dog will have a CHIC # on file with the OFA.
******seller_________________________ Buyer____________________Witness___________________

H. _____ This dog has been sold on Limited Registration and shall not be bred under any circumstances.
_____ This dog has been sold on full AKC Registration, however, it may not be bred or used for any breeding purposes unless and until ALL of the following conditions are met, nor will this dog be bred to any other dog not meeting the same requirements:

a)Dog (dog shall mean any dog, male or female) must be AKC registered, or registered with an international registry recognized by the AKC.
b) Dog must have OFA hips, and elbows must be no more than Grade 1 DJD. Dogs graded DJD1 in the elbows are encouraged to seek additional screening from OVC in Canada.
c) Dog must have a current CERF & negative Brucellosis. Yearly CERF testing is strongly encouraged.
d) Dog must have a normal heart according to a Board certified Veterinary Cardiologist.
e) The dog must be an AKC CH, major pointed, or have an equivalent title from it’s country of origin, or an advanced working title. The dog may have no disqualifying faults according to the ARC Standard.
f) Buyer agrees to follow the ARC Code of Ethics guidelines for breeding frequency in bitches.
g) Bitches will not be bred past their 6thyear of life.
h) All bitches will be surgically sterilized once their show and breeding careers have ended.

I. Any and all progeny produced by any dog governed by this contract shall have tails docked short leaving one or two vertebra by or before 5 days of age, with the only exception being if docking is outlawed where the litter is whelped.

J. _____ Owner agrees to make every effort to finish said dog’s AKC CH title by showing this dog, or using a Professional handler approved by breeder. Owner may choose to wait until the dog is mature (18 to 24 months) if desired, to keep showing expenses to a minimum. After age 24 months, this dog will be required to be competing at dog shows a minimum of 2 weekends every month until the CH title is finished. Should the dog appear to be having difficulty achieving the CH title, dog shall be realistically evaluated by the breeder and/or 1 or more impartial 3rd party(ies), and a determination made on whether to continue showing for conformation titles or not. Breeder agrees to show said dog free of charge with the exception of entry fees and reasonable boarding fees when traveling and/or keeping dog overnight. Breeder reserves the right to show this dog in Specialty Sweepstakes and other conformation events at Specialty shows.
******seller_________________________Buyer____________________Witness_________________

K. Owner agrees that in the event owner no longer wishes to keep, or is unable to keep this dog at any time or for any reason whatsoever that _________________________________ will be notified at once, and the dog shall be returned to Redyre immediately, along with the properly signed over registration papers. Dog shall not be sold, transferred, given away, disposed of, or change ownership or residence without the express written permission and approval of _________________________________. Should the Owner EVER have any wish to sell or transfer this dog to any other person or entity, _________________________________will be notified at once, and offered the FIRST RIGHT OF REFUSAL to purchase the dog at the original purchase price. Buyer has read and understands the FIRST RIGHT OF REFUSAL or OPTION CONTRACT attached hereto. Under no circumstances shall this dog be sold or transferred to any commercial breeder. Should this dog be so transferred in any manner in violation of this agreement, ________________________________shall be entitled to damages up to 10 times the purchase price or $10,000.00US, whichever is greater. Owner agrees to keep ________________________________advised of current address, telephone number, email address, and any other contact information for the lifetime of the dog. ________________________________ shall be notified immediately of any serious illness, injury, or death of said dog.
******seller_________________________
Buyer____________________Witness_________________

L. Owner agrees that abuse or neglect of the dog whether physical, mental or otherwise, intentional or involuntary, will void all warranties and claims to this dog, and that all rights and legal claims and full ownership will immediately revert to the seller with no recourse to owner whatsoever. Dog will be immediately and peacefully surrendered to ________________________________, along with the signed registration slip.
M. This dog will begin attending training class beginning NO later than 16 weeks of age. Early positive and continuing obedience training will guarantee you a wonderful manageable companion animal, and will build a strong bond of love and respect between you and your dog. Obedience training shall continue on a regular basis until this dog is ready to title in the AKC obedience ring. This dog shall earn its AKC Canine Good Citizen and/or Rally Novice titles by or before the age of 36 months. Continued training and titling to the CD level and beyond is strongly encouraged.
N. Owner agrees that any breeding made in violation of the terms and conditions of this contract wherein a litter is whelped will result in a monetary penalty of $2000.00, and immediate repossession of the animal. Dog will be immediately and peacefully surrendered to ________________________________or her authorized agent along with properly signed over registration papers.
O. Buyer hereby agrees to honor and comply with all conditions of this agreement, and agrees that failure to do so will void all claims to this dog , and that all rights and legal claims and full ownership will immediately revert to ________________________________with no recourse to owner whatsoever. Dog will be immediately and peacefully surrendered to the seller on demand along with properly signed over registration papers.
4) CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT

Registration This dog may not be registered with any other registering body in order to circumvent the Limited and breeding restrictions imposed by the breeder. This dog may not be renamed with another registering body. Violation of this provision shall result in the immediate repossession of said dog, which shall be peacefully surrendered to Rebekah L. Pless or her authorized agent, on demand, along with the properly signed over registration papers.
Buyer____________________Witness_________________

C. _____ Breeder shall be entitled to the following compensation if and when the dog meets all requirements for breeding:
a) _______MALE DOGS: In the event this dog is left intact, Breeder will retain the right to send bitches owned, co owned, or legally leased to this dog for breeding at no charge, and also will retain the right to collect and store semen from this dog for future use. Any semen collected and stored will be the sole property of the Breeder. Breeder will be responsible for supervising any breedings, and for any expenses associated with such breeding(s)..
b) _______FEMALE DOGS: In the event this ***** is bred, Breeder shall have the right to select the sire for this *****’s first breeding, and to select the second choice puppy from the *****’s first litter.
c) Upon the completion of the CH title and all health testing, and in the case of a *****, after the puppy back provision has been satisfied, or in the event that any dog is rendered sterile after CH title and all health testing, breeder will sign off and end the co-ownership agreement.
d) All puppies produced by any animal governed by this agreement will be sold under contract only and according to the Code of Ethics provisions of the American Rottweiler Club. New owners are strongly encouraged to join the ARC for education and support.
D. No other conditions of contract unless otherwise specified.
5) LEGAL RESPONSIBILITIES
A.
In the event of transfer of ownership or transfer of interest of said dog from owner, whether intentionally or unintentionally, with or without consideration, seller’s obligations shall end and owner shall provide that all interests of seller, financial or otherwise, shall pass in full and be legally binding on the subsequent owners of this dog.
B. In the event any legal action is necessary by either owner or breeder to enforce the terms of this contract, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover, in addition to any other sums as may be due, the cost of said legal action, including but not limited to reasonable attorney’s fees.
C. Owner agrees to indemnify and hold seller harmless for any legal actions resulting or arising from the actions of said dog.
6) EXECUTION; COUNTERPARTS:
READ THE ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS attached herewith. When you sign this contract, you acknowledge you have read and agree to the provisions of this contract, including the Additional Provisions and the Option Contract. This contract is executed in two (2) counterparts, with an executed counterpart retained by each party hereto.
7) LEGAL RESIDENCE
A.
If the legal residence of the Buyer is not the State of ________________________________, this contract must be signed and notarized by the buyer(s) in the state of the Buyer’s residence, and a copy returned ________________________________within 14 days of purchase. All legal questions or disputes regarding this agreement will be governed by the laws of the State ________________________________, _______________________ County.
Buyer(s) acknowledge reading and understanding each of the above listed conditions.
Buyer ____________________Witness___________________
I (we) _____________________________________________________ SS#___________________________
The undersigned, have read this agreement, consisting of 6 (six) pages, including the FIRST RIGHT OF REFUSAL OPTION, plus the additional provisions concerning feeding instructions and general guidelines, and so understand and fully agree to all its terms and conditions. The written terms of this contract constitute the entire agreement between Buyer(s) and Breeder(s). No other written, verbal, or parol statements, promises, documents, or writings shall have any weight of effect upon this agreement.
Signed_________________________________________________________Buyer Date___________________
Signed_________________________________________________________Buyer Date___________________
Signed_________________________________________________________Seller Date___________________
Signed_________________________________________________________Witness Date___________________
Address______________________________________________________________
Home phone _______________Work phone _______________
Cell phone_____________ DOB __________________
Email ________________________________ SSN ___________________ DL#____________________ State______
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Option Contract
Owner _____________________, for good and sufficient consideration, and not more than the original purchase price of $X000.00, hereby grants ____________________________, the first and only option to purchase the Rottweiler commonly known and identified as ____________________________________________________________________

Reg. Name AKC# Chip#

Here is a pretty generic version of my purchase agreement. You can copy this into any word processor and alter it however you like.
[SIZE=13.5pt]A PURCHASE AGREEMENT[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]1) PURPOSE[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt]A.[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt]A major purpose of this contract is to protect, preserve, and perpetuate the standards as spelled out below of the Rottweiler Breed.[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt]B.[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt]This contract is executed on this the ________ day of ______________ by and between[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt]_______the seller of the interest,[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt](Co-owner) _______the seller,
_______________________________________________, hereinafter referred to as “seller” or “breeder”, and[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]_______the buyer[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt](Owner) _______the buyer of the interest, (Owner/Co-Owner)
____________________________________ hereinafter referred to as “Buyer” or “Owner”, concerning the[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]_______purchase[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt](outright full ownership) _______the purchase of the interest (co ownership)[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt]in the companion/show/working prospect animal described below for the sum of $______.00, US Money order or Certified Check, (paid in full) under the following warranties and conditions. NO OTHER WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS ARE EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. This contract is freely entered into by all parties, with no mental reservation whatsoever.[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt]C.[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt]Name of dog: _______________________________________ [/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt]Sex ____________ Whelp Date: ___________ Breed: __________________ Color: ____________________ Chip# AVID__________________ AKC[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt]_______________________[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt]Sire _________________________________________________________________________________________[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt]Dam: ________________________________________________________________________________________[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt]DEFINITIONS[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt]D.[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt]For the purpose of this contract, companion animal shall mean a dog who has been determined to have certain qualities that make it not suitable for the conformation show ring, or breeding. For the purpose of this contract, show prospect shall mean a dog capable of attaining an AKC CH title with proper handling and conditioning. For the purpose of this contract, working prospect shall mean a puppy which shows marked aptitude for future training.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]A.[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt]____This puppy is graded as a show prospect, and will be sold with full AKC registration
____with Co-Ownership ____without Co Ownership.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]B.[/SIZE] [SIZE=10pt]____This puppy is graded as a working/companion prospect and will be sold with AKC Limited Registration[/SIZE]
[COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]____with ____without Co Ownership.[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]Puppies sold on AKC Limited Registration may not be shown for AKC Championship points, nor can any progeny from puppies sold on Limited Registration ever be registered with the AKC.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]Any puppy sold on Limited Registration is sold on the condition that it will be altered by the age specified by the breeder, and will never be allowed to reproduce. Certain animals may be sold on limited and re-evaluated in regard to being shown for CH points. This re-evaluation shall occur no later than 12 months of age.[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]C.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]For the purpose of this contract, OFA certification shall mean a dog certified free of hip or elbow disease in the manner prescribed by the Orthopedic Foundation for Animals, Inc. http://www.offa.org (hereinafter OFA), and given a registration number by the OFA.[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]D.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]Any section of this contract which shows a blank shall be marked with a check mark if it applies to the puppy being sold under this contract, or N/A if it does not.
******seller___________________ Buyer_________________Witness___________________[/SIZE]
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]2) OBLIGATIONS OF SELLER[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]A.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]Seller warrants that said dog is a purebred dog and it may be or is registered with the AKC on
_____Limited Registration
_____Full Registration
This dog shall carry the registered name selected by the breeder and shall include the kennel name Redyre. This dog is produced by parents that have both received OFA normal hip certification, elbow rating of either normal or DJD Grade 1, with normal hearts and eyes. Seller will provide buyer at the time and date of this contract a true copy of said dog’s AKC registration certificate, and a true copy of said dog’s pedigree of at least 3 generations. For puppies sold on Limited Registration, the actual registration certificate shall be provided once the contractual obligations for health testing and neutering have been fulfilled. [/SIZE]
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]B.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]Seller warrants that this dog is healthy, and has been properly cared for up to and including the date of this contract, and will provide buyer with an individual health record for said dog, warranty VOID if dog is not examined by a licensed veterinarian within 72 hours of purchase. This puppy is guaranteed against any infectious disease for 7 days from the date of this contract.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]C.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]Seller hereby agrees that this dog may be returned to the seller at any time for any reason for the duration of the lifetime of the dog. Any dog returned must be returned WITH Registration papers duly signed over to the breeder. Puppy may be returned for any reason, along with duly signed registration papers, within the first 7 days after purchase and buyer may receive a full refund, less any shipping expenses. This is the only circumstance under which a cash refund is guaranteed to a puppy buyer.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]a)[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]_____If this puppy sold on Limited Registration develops any condition that would render it unsuitable as a companion animal, or if it should develop any condition that adversely affects the quality of life of the animal before the age of 36 months, a replacement will be offered for ½ the original purchase price. Replacement fee may be waived at the option of seller. Return of the original puppy is not required, only proof of sterilization.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]b)[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]_____If this puppy sold on full AKC Registration should develop any disqualifying fault under the breed standard, or should this puppy fail to receive a normal hip or heart rating, or should this puppy be graded anything other than Normal or DJD Grade 1 elbows, from the OFA by 28 months of age, or should this puppy not meet its original potential as a show dog, a replacement will be offered for ½ the original purchase price. Replacement fee may be waived at the option of seller. Return of the original puppy is not required, only proof of sterilization[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]There will be no cash refunds. This provision is of the essence of this agreement, even if no other remedy is available.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]******seller_________________ Buyer_________________Witness_________________[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]Replacements, if any, required by this agreement are excluded or limited as follows:[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]c)[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]The replacement dog will be of the next, if any, available litter[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]d)[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]In the case of a serious health or temperament problem, Buyer has the option to pay a replacement fee of ½ the original purchase price for another companion animal, and must submit proof that the original animal has been rendered sterile. Replacement fee may be waived at the option of the Seller.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]e)[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]Buyer agrees that the replacement animal shall be subject to all terms and conditions contained in this agreement, except that Buyer shall not be entitled to further replacements for any reason.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]f)[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]It is understood that the Seller may discontinue breeding, the sire or dam may die or become sterile, or Seller may be otherwise unable to provide a replacement, with no liability to Seller. Buyer accepts this risk.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]g)[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]No refund or replacement will be made if the fault is the result of any neglect, mistreatment, abuse, or lack of proper diet, socialization, and exercise.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]3) OBLIGATIONS OF OWNER[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]A.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]Owner agrees to notify ________________________________________ of any change of personal contact information, including current address, phone number, and email address within 30 days of such change.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]B.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]Owner hereby agrees to maintain this dog as a household companion. Owner agrees to properly care for and confine this dog at all times, providing a premium food or raw diet, fresh water, socialization*, training, exercise, and to maintain the dog in good health at all times, with appropriate veterinary care. Buyer assumes all financial and legal responsibility for this dog from the time and date of this agreement.[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]*From the ages of 12 weeks to 12 months of age, this[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]socialization shall include 3 or more trips each week OFF the owner’s property for positive socialization, training, and interaction with people. After titers, at least one of these trips should include a “happy visit” to your family veterinarian’s office for positive interaction with staff, weighing, visiting and TREATS. These “happy visits” will ensure a dog who will enjoy going to the vet’s office for the rest of his/her life.[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]*[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]******seller_________________________ Buyer____________________Witness___________________[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]a)[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]Buyer understands that the dam of this litter and the litter as well have been maintained on an exclusively raw diet. While not required, breeder STRONGLY ENCOURAGES puppy buyer to maintain the puppy on a raw diet, and will offer support and guidance in that area. If a complete raw diet is not to be followed, PREMIUM KIBBLE should be used, and regular supplementation with fresh raw meat, fruits and vegetables is STRONGLY ENCOURAGED.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]C.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]Owner hereby agrees that this dog will never be used in violation of any local state or Federal laws, nor in any manner which would be detrimental to the health, safety or wellbeing of said dog. This is to include but not be limited to dog fighting and crimes against public safety.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]D.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]Owner agrees that this dog is sold as a HOUSEHOLD COMPANION, and shall live and sleep inside the owner’s home. Owner hereby agrees to keep this dog confined when outdoors in an escape-proof securely fenced area no less than 5 feet in height, with all gates LOCKED at all times when not under the supervision of a qualified adult. “Invisible” or radio type fences DO NOT meet the conditions of this contract and may not be used as a primary method of confinement. This dog shall not be chained or tied out in any way at any time. This dog shall never be allowed to run or roam free without proper supervision, and must never fun free in violation of any leash law at any time.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]E.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]_____Owner agrees to have this animal surgically sterilized, and to provide Rebekah ___________________________ documented proof of such sterilization from your veterinarian. Age of neutering of puppy dogs and bitches shall be determined and agreed upon between seller and buyer. This puppy shall be neutered by the age of ______________ months. If owner fails to provide the proof of spay or neuter by the required time, there will be one warning, with 30 days to comply. If after the warning and the 30 day grace period this animal has not been proven to be altered, Rebekah L. Pless and Redyre Rottweilers reserves the right to repossess this animal. In the event this section of this contract becomes necessary to enforce, the dog shall be peacefully surrendered to the breeder, ALONG WITH THE REGISTRATION PAPERS SIGNED OVER TO THE BREEDER. Owner is liable for any expenses incurred for repossession, alteration and surgery. Option of returning the dog to the non-compliant owner will be at the sole discretion of _____________________.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]F.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]Owner agrees to keep dog supervised and confined so that any accidental breeding is impossible. Male dogs shall be suitably confined away from any bitches in season. Bitches in season shall be 100% supervised and confined during their season to prevent any chance of accidental breeding. If ANY POSSIBILITY of an accidental breeding occurs, __________________ shall be notified immediately.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]G.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]Owner agrees to have preliminary hip and elbow films submitted to the OFA at the age of 12 months, and again at 24 to 28 months of age, along with heart and eye certifications. Thyroid screening is strongly recommended. Breeder strongly recommends this dog be radiographed using NO anesthesia. Breeder will assist in helping owner find appropriate veterinarians for the health screening. Lower cost screening clinics at dog shows may be used whenever possible. Copies of all results must be sent to Breeder. Owner must authorize the release of ALL RESULTS TO THE DATA BASE for ALL health testing on this dog whether normal or abnormal. This dog will have a CHIC # on file with the OFA.
******seller_________________________ Buyer____________________Witness___________________[/SIZE]
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]H.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]_____ This dog has been sold on Limited Registration and shall not be bred under any circumstances.
_____ This dog has been sold on full AKC Registration, however, it may not be bred or used for any breeding purposes unless and until ALL of the following conditions are met, nor will this dog be bred to any other dog not meeting the same requirements:[/SIZE]
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]a)[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]Dog (dog shall mean any dog, male or female) must be AKC registered, or registered with an international registry recognized by the AKC.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]b)[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]Dog must have OFA hips, and elbows must be no more than Grade 1 DJD. Dogs graded DJD1 in the elbows are encouraged to seek additional screening from OVC in Canada.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]c)[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]Dog must have a current CERF & negative Brucellosis. Yearly CERF testing is strongly encouraged.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]d)[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]Dog must have a normal heart according to a Board certified Veterinary Cardiologist.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]e)[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]The dog must be an AKC CH, major pointed, or have an equivalent title from it’s country of origin, or an advanced working title. The dog may have no disqualifying faults according to the ARC Standard.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]f)[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]Buyer agrees to follow the ARC Code of Ethics guidelines for breeding frequency in bitches.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]g)[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]Bitches will not be bred past their 6[SUP]th[/SUP][/SIZE]year of life.[/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]h)[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]All bitches will be surgically sterilized once their show and breeding careers have ended.
******seller_________________________ Buyer____________________Witness___________________[/SIZE]
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]I.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]Any and all progeny produced by any dog governed by this contract shall have tails docked short leaving one or two vertebra by or before 5 days of age, with the only exception being if docking is outlawed where the litter is whelped.
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]J.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]_____ Owner agrees to make every effort to finish said dog’s AKC CH title by showing this dog, or using a Professional handler approved by breeder. Owner may choose to wait until the dog is mature (18 to 24 months) if desired, to keep showing expenses to a minimum. After age 24 months, this dog will be required to be competing at dog shows a minimum of 2 weekends every month until the CH title is finished. Should the dog appear to be having difficulty achieving the CH title, dog shall be realistically evaluated by the breeder and/or 1 or more impartial 3[SUP]rd[/SUP][/SIZE] party(ies), and a determination made on whether to continue showing for conformation titles or not. Breeder agrees to show said dog free of charge with the exception of entry fees and reasonable boarding fees when traveling and/or keeping dog overnight. Breeder reserves the right to show this dog in Specialty Sweepstakes and other conformation events at Specialty shows.
[SIZE=10pt]******seller_________________________Buyer____________________Witness_________________[/SIZE]
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]K.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]Owner agrees that in the event owner no longer wishes to keep, or is unable to keep this dog at any time or for any reason whatsoever that _________________________________ will be notified at once, and the dog shall be returned to Redyre immediately, along with the properly signed over registration papers. Dog shall not be sold, transferred, given away, disposed of, or change ownership or residence without the express written permission and approval of _________________________________. Should the Owner EVER have any wish to sell or transfer this dog to any other person or entity, _________________________________will be notified at once, and offered the FIRST RIGHT OF REFUSAL to purchase the dog at the original purchase price. Buyer has read and understands the FIRST RIGHT OF REFUSAL or OPTION CONTRACT attached hereto. Under no circumstances shall this dog be sold or transferred to any commercial breeder. Should this dog be so transferred in any manner in violation of this agreement, ________________________________shall be entitled to damages up to 10 times the purchase price or $10,000.00US, whichever is greater. Owner agrees to keep ________________________________advised of current address, telephone number, email address, and any other contact information for the lifetime of the dog. ________________________________ shall be notified immediately of any serious illness, injury, or death of said dog.
Buyer____________________Witness_________________[/SIZE]
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]L.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]Owner agrees that abuse or neglect of the dog whether physical, mental or otherwise, intentional or involuntary, will void all warranties and claims to this dog, and that all rights and legal claims and full ownership will immediately revert to the seller with no recourse to owner whatsoever. Dog will be immediately and peacefully surrendered to ________________________________, along with the signed registration slip.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]M.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]This dog will begin attending training class beginning NO later than 16 weeks of age. Early positive and continuing obedience training will guarantee you a wonderful manageable companion animal, and will build a strong bond of love and respect between you and your dog. Obedience training shall continue on a regular basis until this dog is ready to title in the AKC obedience ring. This dog shall earn its AKC Canine Good Citizen and/or Rally Novice titles by or before the age of 36 months. Continued training and titling to the CD level and beyond is strongly encouraged.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]N.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]Owner agrees that any breeding made in violation of the terms and conditions of this contract wherein a litter is whelped will result in a monetary penalty of $2000.00, and immediate repossession of the animal. Dog will be immediately and peacefully surrendered to ________________________________or her authorized agent along with properly signed over registration papers.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]O.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]Buyer hereby agrees to honor and comply with all conditions of this agreement, and agrees that failure to do so will void all claims to this dog , and that all rights and legal claims and full ownership will immediately revert to ________________________________with no recourse to owner whatsoever. Dog will be immediately and peacefully surrendered to the seller on demand along with properly signed over registration papers.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]4) CONDITIONS OF CONTRACT[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]Registration This dog may not be registered with any other registering body in order to circumvent the Limited and breeding restrictions imposed by the breeder. This dog may not be renamed with another registering body. Violation of this provision shall result in the immediate repossession of said dog, which shall be peacefully surrendered to Rebekah L. Pless or her authorized agent, on demand, along with the properly signed over registration papers.
Buyer____________________Witness_________________[/SIZE]
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]C.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]_____ Breeder shall be entitled to the following compensation if and when the dog meets all requirements for breeding:[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]a) _______MALE DOGS:[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]In the event this dog is left intact, Breeder will retain the right to send bitches owned, co owned, or legally leased to this dog for breeding at no charge, and also will retain the right to collect and store semen from this dog for future use. Any semen collected and stored will be the sole property of the Breeder. Breeder will be responsible for supervising any breedings, and for any expenses associated with such breeding(s)..[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]b) _______FEMALE DOGS:[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]In the event this ***** is bred, Breeder shall have the right to select the sire for this *****’s first breeding, and to select the second choice puppy from the *****’s first litter.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]c)[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]Upon the completion of the CH title and all health testing, and in the case of a *****, after the puppy back provision has been satisfied, or in the event that any dog is rendered sterile after CH title and all health testing, breeder will sign off and end the co-ownership agreement.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]d)[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]All puppies produced by any animal governed by this agreement will be sold under contract only and according to the Code of Ethics provisions of the American Rottweiler Club. New owners are strongly encouraged to join the ARC for education and support.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]D.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]No other conditions of contract unless otherwise specified.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]5) LEGAL RESPONSIBILITIES[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]A.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]In the event of transfer of ownership or transfer of interest of said dog from owner, whether intentionally or unintentionally, with or without consideration, seller’s obligations shall end and owner shall provide that all interests of seller, financial or otherwise, shall pass in full and be legally binding on the subsequent owners of this dog.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]B.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]In the event any legal action is necessary by either owner or breeder to enforce the terms of this contract, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover, in addition to any other sums as may be due, the cost of said legal action, including but not limited to reasonable attorney’s fees.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]C.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]Owner agrees to indemnify and hold seller harmless for any legal actions resulting or arising from the actions of said dog.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]6) EXECUTION; COUNTERPARTS:[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]READ THE ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS attached herewith. When you sign this contract, you acknowledge you have read and agree to the provisions of this contract, including the Additional Provisions and the Option Contract. This contract is executed in two (2) counterparts, with an executed counterpart retained by each party hereto.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]7) LEGAL RESIDENCE[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]A.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]If the legal residence of the Buyer is not the State of ________________________________, this contract must be signed and notarized by the buyer(s) in the state of the Buyer’s residence, and a copy returned ________________________________within 14 days of purchase. All legal questions or disputes regarding this agreement will be governed by the laws of the State ________________________________, _______________________ County.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]Buyer(s) acknowledge reading and understanding each of the above listed conditions.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]******seller_________________________[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]Buyer ____________________Witness___________________[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]I (we) _____________________________________________________ SS#___________________________[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]The undersigned, have read this agreement, consisting of 6 (six) pages, including the FIRST RIGHT OF REFUSAL OPTION, plus the additional provisions concerning feeding instructions and general guidelines, and so understand and fully agree to all its terms and conditions. The written terms of this contract constitute the entire agreement between Buyer(s) and Breeder(s). No other written, verbal, or parol statements, promises, documents, or writings shall have any weight of effect upon this agreement.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]Signed_________________________________________________________Buyer Date___________________[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]Signed_________________________________________________________Buyer Date___________________[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]Signed_________________________________________________________Seller Date___________________[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]Signed_________________________________________________________Witness Date___________________[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]Address______________________________________________________________[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]Home phone _______________Work phone _______________[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]Cell phone_____________ DOB __________________[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]Email ________________________________ SSN ___________________ DL#____________________ State______[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]Option Contract[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]Owner _____________________, for good and sufficient consideration, and not more than the original purchase price of $X000.00, hereby grants ____________________________, the first and only option to purchase the Rottweiler commonly known and identified as ____________________________________________________________________[/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR=000000][SIZE=10pt]Reg. Name AKC# Chip#[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Reminded me of mine when I was very active in breeding working police, SAR and sport dogs. Maye

Back
Top Bottom