looking for a peacock or eggs

DragonEggs

Songster
9 Years
May 11, 2010
Borger, TX
We have a bird sanctuary in our local park that has a peacock and 3 peahens. The Amarillo zoo recently lost their male and were asking about getting one from us. Sadly this male doesn't seem to have good fertility... neither us (I help hatch their eggs) nor their hens are having much luck hatching anything... I'm trying to find out if someone has a cock or some fertile eggs they might consider donating to the sanctuary so we can get the numbers back up and get them back in the zoo?
They're also looking for bobwhite quail and fancy pigeons and a female mallard duck (their female recently passed and they only have 1 male and he's really lonely!) and female wood ducks (they have lots of males!)
I can offer eggs or chicks in trade as soon as they start laying (and I hatch some) from their pheasants. They have lots of red golden, some lady Amherst, a pair of reeves, and some others.
If anyone can help please let me know and we can work something out!

Yeah I'm pretty sure they would like an adult male but I can hatch some out and raise them and hopefully have a male that can breed the females in the future for both places. I don't have the room to keep peafowl but I have the means to raise chicks safely since they seem to have problems not only getting their eggs to hatch (I think the make isn't very fertile) but when they do the chicks very rarely survive

Back
Top Bottom