Looking for Marraduna Basque Hen Hatching Eggs

Marraduna is variant of the Basque Hen. Buff and white with some black on roos and little if any on hens. Native to the mountains of Euskadi (Basque Country) in northern Spain and southern France. They are believed to be descendants of the Pita Pinta Asturiana, the black mottled breed native of Asturias in northwest Spain.
I raise Marraduna Basques. :)

Hello,
I recently bought 19 acre property in Ramona, California (outside quarantine area)in Northern San Diego County and I'm looking to establish my chicken flock. I want to limit my flock to Basque Hens, Lavender Wyandottes, French Black Copper Marans and Pita Pinta Asturiana. My hope is to hatch my new flock but Greenfire Farms will not mail to me even though I am outside the quarantine area. My property has been cleared by the California Department of Food and Agriculture to proceed with purchasing and moving birds. Does anyone know of any Marraduna hatching eggs I can purchase directly or bid on? I appreciate any help or leads.

Thank you!
Hi, I am looking for the same. I grew up in Encinitas and my late brother lived on a Ranch in Ramona for many years...anyway, I now live in the Monterey Bay area and have 17 hens. I have been wanting to raise Basque hens, but can't find them. My wife is Basque and we have a Basque restaurant. Let me know what you find out...What are Greenfire's prices and limits for example?

Do some research on any current shipping issues before thinking about buying eggs.

I only say this cause my purchase from Greenfirefarm eggs came in all scrambled.

Back
Top Bottom