Lord Featherington is a lord, right? EE at 12wks

Whigru

Songster
May 7, 2020
Minnesota
I’d like confirmation that Lord Featherington - the EE with brown/red/black feathering - is indeed a lord. He was supposed to be an EE pullet but I don’t think that’s the case. My birds are 12wks tomorrow.
I have not heard a crow yet, but these feathers and his size make me pretty confident he’s a cockerel. The comb appears to be a single or a pea comb, but has stayed small and yellow/faintly pink even as the rest of the girls are starting to pink up a bit. He is also very timid and tends to stay in the back or hide behind others.
I’m quite certain he’s a he but am hoping for confirmation from experts before I decide how to handle the situation (I’ve only got 5 pullets so I don’t think there’s enough room or girls for him to behave).

Attachments

• IMG_5235.jpeg
    IMG_5235.jpeg
    807.6 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_5239.jpeg
    IMG_5239.jpeg
    471.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_5243.jpeg
    IMG_5243.jpeg
    776.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_5244.jpeg
    IMG_5244.jpeg
    717 KB · Views: 65
What makes you think this is a pullet? I really don't see it. Combs don't make a rooster.
It has no pointy hackles and zero saddle feathers which it would by now. Plus no comb development which it would also have. As well as a female specific and even color pattern as opposed to splotchy red all over.

Back
Top Bottom