Lost all my fish but 1! What now?!?

It says total hardness as CaCO3 is 126-164

Alright, so your water is pretty soft. I would rehome the swordtail, as her life will be shortened by the soft water.
You could get all kinds of fish now. Gourami, tetras, rasboras, barbs, plecos, otos, etc. Just make sure you get fish that will get along with each other, and will be able to live comfortably in a 20 gallon high.
You could look at fish you would like, and I can tell you if those would work.

Alright, so your water is pretty soft. I would rehome the swordtail, as her life will be shortened by the soft water.
You could get all kinds of fish now. Gourami, tetras, rasboras, barbs, plecos, otos, etc. Just make sure you get fish that will get along with each other, and will be able to live comfortably in a 20 gallon high.
You could look at fish you would like, and I can tell you if those would work.
I’ve had the swordtail for 2 years in that water. I’ll see what my hardness is at my ranch as I’m probably moving the tank here.

I’ve had the swordtail for 2 years in that water. I’ll see what my hardness is at my ranch as I’m probably moving the tank here.

All livebearers need hard water because they give birth to live young. If the water doesn't have enough minerals in it, they can't replenish their bodies after giving birth.
If the water at the ranch is harder, then moving her there would probably be the best thing for her.

All livebearers need hard water because they give birth to live young. If the water doesn't have enough minerals in it, they can't replenish their bodies after giving birth.
If the water at the ranch is harder, then moving her there would probably be the best thing for her.
Okay. Thanks for the help! If I keep and move her here then I’ll get another swordtail (probably another female) and find the best tank mates for them.

Back
Top Bottom