Lost all my fish but 1! What now?!?

The water at my ranch is harder, I cant remember exactly but I think it was 19-23 in grains or close to that. Is this better for her? I can try to find exact numbers later. Today’s just been busy. If this isn’t good I can get crushed coral to put in the tank. :) I’ve read that that increases the hardness.

The water at my ranch is harder, I cant remember exactly but I think it was 19-23 in grains or close to that. Is this better for her? I can try to find exact numbers later. Today’s just been busy. If this isn’t good I can get crushed coral to put in the tank. :) I’ve read that that increases the hardness.

Exact numbers would be good, but the ranch water is definitely better. You can put some cichlid sand in the tank (1/2 cup per gallon) to increase the hardness a little too.
I think she should be okay in there, as long as she's not with a male and giving birth every month.

Exact numbers would be good, but the ranch water is definitely better. You can put some cichlid sand in the tank (1/2 cup per gallon) to increase the hardness a little too.
I think she should be okay in there, as long as she's not with a male and giving birth every month.
I’m not gonna get a male, so hopefully she will be good. Any fish breed recommendations? :) thanks for all your help!

No. I’m thinking some kind of bacteria
I have an 80 gallon I used to do the whole Amano ultra planted wonderland CO2 enriched thing, but my tap water is so hard I had to aRO everything and then I had a hard time getting replacement parts, my tank got old, then we had a couple earthquakes and I decided 80 gallons on the floor wouldn’t be fun if it broke, so..it’s still sitting down there, empty..

Back
Top Bottom