Lost all my fish but 1! What now?!?

Feb 17, 2021
Somewhere down in Texas
Hi everyone! I normally don’t use BYC for anything but chicken stuff, but today I came home after being gone for 2 days, and my fish tank was super green and ALL of my fish in it were dead. :( I happened to move my female swordtail into a separate take for a “time out” before I left because she was biting the smaller fish in my tank. Now she is my only fish and I’m not sure what to do. Before she was with guppies, mollies and platies, but I wanted to maybe get something a bit bigger. I had a dwarf gourami a while back, and they were pretty cool, but I’m not sure what kinda fish would go best with my swordtail. She’s probably around 3-3 1/2 inches. So what I think I’m really asking is what breeds would be good with my swordtail and any other advice you have. :)
Thanks for any advice in advance
-ChickenWhisperer101

Oh, and I have a 20 gallon, not that big, but it’s not tiny.

I'm sorry you lost your fish. :hugs
What are your water parameters? What is your PH, KH, and GH?
Swordtails need to live in hard water, and gourami need to live in soft water. So, you can't put those two in the same tank.
Also, is your tank a 20 gallon long or high?

I'm sorry you lost your fish. :hugs
What are your water parameters? What is your PH, KH, and GH?
Swordtails need to live in hard water, and gourami need to live in soft water. So, you can't put those two in the same tank.
Also, is your tank a 20 gallon long or high?
I actually didn’t get a chance to test the water. :( It’s a 20 high.

Back
Top Bottom