LOst my charcoal today

I ran electric fence along the bottom of my pen then ran it up to the corner pole and did it around the top just in case. In the spring to fall I also use scarecrow sprinkler systems. This way if the critter gets sprayed by the water and won't leave just wait til the wet coat touches the fence - it will leave after that LMAO! Knock on wood I have not had any issues with my birds, but I use it just in case. I own 3 german short haired pointers and a pitbull, even they do not go near the bird pens and most are bird dogs LOL.
So sorry to hear about your loss
sad.png

4 weasel box traps set , hoping to get the sucker. After losing a lady amherst hen last night I could finally see tracks in the snow. either weasel or rats. Real light tracks .

We lost pigeons and chickens to decapitation. Discovered we were over run with rats. Once they were poisoned, the killing had stopped, for now. Not sure if it was the rats or a weasel eating the rats. But I was told the only way to keep anything safe is to have a cement bottom coop and lock all critters inside at night. So sorry for your loss, its so devastating.

Possums sometimes eat just the head, so do great horned owls.
Mink also eat just the head.
Sorry to hear about your loss. A trail cam might help you find what is doing this.
We also use motion detector lighting. Varmits do not like the lights.

Good luck in catching this nasty varmit.

Back
Top Bottom