Lost quail, any suggestions?

Shellybean02

Chirping
Aug 30, 2015
I wanted to show some friends one of my button quails, but someone opened the door to outside and she flew away. We were so close to catching her, but she flew so high and landed in thickets with thorns and tall grass. I thought if I played quail sounds, she would cry for help. I hear no response. My other quail didn't seem to notice her absence, so they weren't much help. I lost hope, since there are so many predators out there and she might not know what to eat besides bugs. This morning her twin brother cried out longer than usual, with no response either. I don't expect to find her, but does anyone have any suggestions as to what I could try? I really hope she's okay
hit.gif
All support appreciated

This happened to me twice with my female! Fortunately she's only gotten to the neighbor's house. They usually don't go too far because of all the unknown. What I do is I play videos of button quail calls from my phone and generate the male to call out for her or for her to reply. Keep an eye out and she'll hopefully return. When she gets close enough to the cage or aviary I get her back. Good Luck

I tried this and for some reason haven't gotten any response or seen her. She unfortunately went in the direction of the woods, not the neighbors. How long was she gone for, or did you find her the same day?

I found mine the same day before the sun went down. Both days. Second time was easier. If she went into the woods it might be harder with predators around.:( Good luck, don't lose hope.

I lost a roo, recently. Apparently I forgot to close the cage properly, but only one of the 4 roos in there was gone. I think I heard him calling 2-3 days later(the direction seemed wrong for it to be the other buttons). I walked through the area where I thought I heard him, hoping to make him fly up so I could see him, but no luck.. Hope you find your hen!

Sadly, I have lost hope. But her twin brother just had some chicks hatch, and one looks like her when she was a baby. I named it Kilo2. I sure hope she is okay. If she didn't make it, RIP Kilo we miss you. T-T

I just lost a juvenile one..............................have no idea where it went. See my other thread. PLease help! Should I give up or not? Lost him about 30 minutes ago.

I just lost a juvenile one..............................have no idea where it went. See my other thread. PLease help! Should I give up or not? Lost him about 30 minutes ago.
30 minutes is too soon to give up hope. I've found one as late as the next morning, but that's really rare. If it's gone overnight, it's gone as a rule. If you don't find it before dark you probably won't find it, I'm afraid.

Back
Top Bottom