Unwell quail - please help :)

The only thing I know that ACV is good for is to help alleviate some of the symptoms of sour crop.
I never have had a quail with sour crop but I have had a few grouse that had sour crop, and ACV is what I used to help with the symptoms.
I have also used Micronazole.
Here's an article about sour crop and how to treat, it's for treating chickens but works with any bird that has a crop.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/
Thank you so much. I will try this and hopefully she will get better :)

@007Sean @Nabiki is there any possible way my quail could have a blockage in her system? Her crop doesn’t seem to better yet and I’m thinking maybe there could be a blockage. If this was the case, how could I help this? Is there any specific food/ingredients I could give to remove any blockages?

If there was a blockage, I don't think she'd be pooping. For example, if she were egg bound, she wouldn't be pooping. The ACV may help, but it will take some time to make a difference.

Did the article that 007Sean link to help you figure out whether it's sour crop or impacted crop? Did you try a bit of Miconazole?

If nothing else is working, it may be time to either see a vet or cull if she appears to be suffering a lot.

If there was a blockage, I don't think she'd be pooping. For example, if she were egg bound, she wouldn't be pooping. The ACV may help, but it will take some time to make a difference.

Did the article that 007Sean link to help you figure out whether it's sour crop or impacted crop? Did you try a bit of Miconazole?

If nothing else is working, it may be time to either see a vet or cull if she appears to be suffering a lot.
Yes I looked through the article. It’s sour crop I’m sure. The Miconazole should be arriving soon and I will try that when I get it. Hopefully I can help her get better :)

@007Sean @Nabiki is there any possible way my quail could have a blockage in her system? Her crop doesn’t seem to better yet and I’m thinking maybe there could be a blockage. If this was the case, how could I help this? Is there any specific food/ingredients I could give to remove any blockages?
You might try some olive oil, if it is a blockage of the crop but you must be very careful administering it. I've never tube fed a quail before....so I can't really help you with that but I'll tag the Expert on tube feeding, she can most likely help you with it.
@casportpony , get you give a little of your expertise here!

Back
Top Bottom