Quail feeling under the weather!! :(

Brilliant, Thanks. Will order right now, and administrate tomorrow. Can i also just ask, should i give it to her and keep her separate, or give it to all 3 girls? (The other 2 have 0 symptoms and no cankers.)
How could she have got this because I read online its very common in pigeons and doves and that is she were to share water with a wild bird she can pick it up from there. However she has not done anything like that (plus she is indoors)
I would separate her while she's on the medication. Keep a close eye on the others and treat if they start to show any symptoms.

I would separate her while she's on the medication. Keep a close eye on the others and treat if they start to show any symptoms.
and just to check, she isn't allowed to share food or water as she might pass it on? How long after medication starts will she be relieved? Thank you

and just to check, she isn't allowed to share food or water as she might pass it on? How long after medication starts will she be relieved? Thank you
She definitely shouldn't share food or water with your healthy birds. I have to admit, I don't have a lot of experience with diseases, so you want to read the instructions on the medication. I do know that quail heal quickly, so I would expect to see a difference within a few days.

@007Sean will probably have a better idea of how long to treat for, and he might have a better medicine recommendation.

She definitely shouldn't share food or water with your healthy birds. I have to admit, I don't have a lot of experience with diseases, so you want to read the instructions on the medication. I do know that quail heal quickly, so I would expect to see a difference within a few days.

@007Sean will probably have a better idea of how long to treat for, and he might have a better medicine recommendation.
Quick update: she’s looking better than she did yesterday. I did administrate the medicine as soon as it came yesterday. She still has 3 or 4 cankers. She did start to have some flem/saliva in her mouth. I did help her clear it. Sometimes she gets it but I help her. She is still active, talkative, is eating and drinking, still playing so all good. Will keep everyone updated with progress of medication. Thanks so much for all the help 🙂

Hey, just need to check... as she has canker, how do I treat the parasite in like the throat area? (Oesophagus). She has a lump in her neck, which I’ve learned is the parasite. Does the medication help with this? Is this what the term canker refers to? Would love advice for her ❤️

Cankers are the sores. I'm not sure about a parasite that would be large enough to cause a lump in her neck. That doesn't sound right. Can you post a picture?
I seen online that the cankers are caused by the lump. It’s night here just now but I will be sure to get some in the morning.

Back
Top Bottom