"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Debating whether I should take the ride and bring some birds to sell...

How was the last one? Lots of buyers?

I heard they had a good turnout last time. Come on! What would you be bringing to sell? (like I need to know).

Twiley & Mike need to stop talking "geese" -- they're making me want some & I don't have room. Esp. w/getting guineas.

No pea eggs this morning. Julie your girls aren't texting the right message!!!
barnie.gif

OK I need to get off this thing & go mop my kitchen floor & make a Wally-world run. Have a good one everybody!

Debating whether I should take the ride and bring some birds to sell...

How was the last one? Lots of buyers?

I heard they had a good turnout last time. Come on! What would you be bringing to sell? (like I need to know).

Twiley & Mike need to stop talking "geese" -- they're making me want some & I don't have room. Esp. w/getting guineas.

No pea eggs this morning. Julie your girls aren't texting the right message!!! :barnie

OK I need to get off this thing & go mop my kitchen floor & make a Wally-world run. Have a good one everybody!

Sorry to hear about the "no-eggs" Terri. I'll have to get with my girls and see if they sent the text to the right number. I took the 3 pea eggs and placed them under a broody hen, crossed my fingers and said a prayer. I am SO hoping these pea eggs hatch. All other pea eggs layed from here on out will be placed under any of my 20 broody hens. I'm hoping. :fl

Mike, don't feel too bad on not hatching your goose eggs. So far, I've set 34 eggs and only had 6 to hatch. One died shortly after hatching but, I have 5 lively goslings so far. I have 34 more eggs in the incubator. So far, my geese are still laying. Last year, they were finished laying much earlier.

I have decided to let the girls hatch everything themselves.  I have had terrible hatch rates trying to incubate them.

I see that letting the OTHER birds hatch the goose eggs has been working. I still can't believe my geese suck at hatching their own eggs. :smack

No pea eggs this morning. Julie your girls aren't texting the right message!!!
barnie.gif

Haha, I am sure I would enjoy it! I have some Blue and Blue Wheaten Ameraucana chicks, some Black split to Lavender Orpington chicks, and prob a few BLRW and Lavender Orpington chicks. Not sure what all I have due to hatch before then. It's just that it is at least a 2 hour ride! But I am definitely thinking about it. If I don't have enough to bring this time, I will definitely try to get ready for the next one.

Haha! Chicken math, kind of... 5 chickens, minus one to a predator, equals pick up 3 Pekin ducks at the feed store... Guess hubs has his ducks now....

Twiley

Haha, I am sure I would enjoy it! I have some Blue and Blue Wheaten Ameraucana chicks, some Black split to Lavender Orpington chicks, and prob a few BLRW and Lavender Orpington chicks. Not sure what all I have due to hatch before then. It's just that it is at least a 2 hour ride! But I am definitely thinking about it. If I don't have enough to bring this time, I will definitely try to get ready for the next one.

No problem. If you do decide, let us know so that we can meet you.

If ya'll can make it to Mississippi, there is a farmers market in Tylertown the first weekend of every month. You can sell there. Also outside the Tractor Supply in Columbia every weekend you can sell. They have been trying to start a Farmers Market there. Not many ppl show up to sell. You can set up a canopy sell hand made items, produce, birds but no garage sale or anything TSC sells. Every Saturday in Columbia.

Back
Top Bottom