"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Terri,
I didn't find my guineas hard to raise at all. I always tried to hatch out some chicks whenever I
was hatching out guineas and raised them together for a while. After I move them from the brooder to the
pens I put the chicks and keets in the same coops and leave them shut up for a week or so before I start turning them
out. As they get older I take the chicks and put in a different coop and keep the guineas to themselves but turn them all
out together to free range and have not had a problem with them not wanting to go back to the pen at night. The last guineas
that I raised were kinda nuts. I could come out of the house and call for them and had a male that would come and fly up
on my shoulder and would stay perched there as long as I let him. Then when we would try to go somewhere in the car or
truck we would have to stop and run them back to the house as they would try to follow us like they were dogs.
As long as you keep them warm and dry while they are young you shouldn't have any problems at all.

Thanks for the info! Julie is hooking me up with guineas so here I go - taking the plunge!

"Congrats Terri on the geese I havent gotten an egg to hatch yet. Got a broody goose setting around 10 so hoping she has better eggs or at least better at hatchin em than me."

lol Mike, having a hard time keeping up w/us ladies again? that wasn't me, that was Twiley who hatched a goose! Sorry to hear about your FIL.

OK does anybody know the times of the Opelousas meet? I seem to remember 9-1 on May 6th at the Tractor Supply -- but I just back-tracked a bunch of pages & cant' find the time info anywhere!
hu.gif

Didnt make it myself Julie had my wifes dads passing to deal with so havent been around much.

Whoevers gettin pea eggs
tongue.gif
lol

Congrats Terri on the geese I havent gotten an egg to hatch yet. Got a broody goose setting around 10 so hoping she has better eggs or at least better at hatchin em than me.

Hi to all the newbies
Mike, don't feel too bad on not hatching your goose eggs. So far, I've set 34 eggs and only had 6 to hatch. One died shortly after hatching but, I have 5 lively goslings so far. I have 34 more eggs in the incubator. So far, my geese are still laying. Last year, they were finished laying much earlier.

Mike, don't feel too bad on not hatching your goose eggs. So far, I've set 34 eggs and only had 6 to hatch. One died shortly after hatching but, I have 5 lively goslings so far. I have 34 more eggs in the incubator. So far, my geese are still laying. Last year, they were finished laying much earlier.

I have decided to let the girls hatch everything themselves. I have had terrible hatch rates trying to incubate them.

Back
Top Bottom