"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

According to the news article, tick season is supposed to be bad just about everywhere because the winter was so mild & lyme disease will be on the upswing too. We've never had a problem, I'm sure, because we're in the middle of a soybean field & all the stuff they spray on the beans for bugs. So I don't know that we'll have a problem this year, either -- but ----

.....On the other hand, I've always wanted guineas, lol!
wink.png
I think they look so cool. Prehistoric. Or like army helmets on legs. & they sound cool, too.

According to the news article, tick season is supposed to be bad just about everywhere because the winter was so mild & lyme disease will be on the upswing too. We've never had a problem, I'm sure, because we're in the middle of a soybean field & all the stuff they spray on the beans for bugs. So I don't know that we'll have a problem this year, either -- but ----

.....On the other hand, I've always wanted guineas, lol! ;)   I think they look so cool. Prehistoric. Or like army helmets on legs. & they sound cool, too.

LOL @ army helmets. I always thought the same thing. And we won't even talk about the way they sound. I have not let mine out with the other critters yet. I will have to clip their wings first because I'm sure they will run away. I may tackle that this weekend.

How many guineas are you looking for Terri?

LOL @ army helmets. I always thought the same thing. And we won't even talk about the way they sound. I have not let mine out with the other critters yet. I will have to clip their wings first because I'm sure they will run away. I may tackle that this weekend.

I don't know -- I'm reading they are hard to raise & like to be in flocks - 3-4? 5-6? a dozen? How many do you have? lol - how many guineas does it take for them to be happy & stay home?

I wonder if I hatched eggs would they imprint like the chickens do & maybe stay closer to home. I'd like to free range them during the day but they definitely need to be back in the chicken coop at night or the owls will get them.

I don't know -- I'm reading they are hard to raise & like to be in flocks - 3-4? 5-6? a dozen? How many do you have?  lol - how many guineas does it take for them to be happy & stay home?

I wonder if I hatched eggs would they imprint like the chickens do & maybe stay closer to home. I'd like to free range them during the day but they definitely need to be back in the chicken coop at night or the owls will get them.

I have 24 guineas. I have some guinea eggs in the incubator right now. I set them 11 days ago, so they have 17 days left. I was only practicing on my incubating skills but if any hatch Terri, you can have what you want. I will give the keets to you because I really don't have any room. I don't know why I set them eggs in the first place. :smack

Just let me know.

Hi all! I'm fairly new to BYC, I'm just SW of Shreveport close to the TX state line. Just wanted to say hi!
frow.gif
Anyone know any swaps or meets coming up close to me, would appreciate any info!

thanks!

I have 24 guineas. I have some guinea eggs in the incubator right now. I set them 11 days ago, so they have 17 days left. I was only practicing on my incubating skills but if any hatch Terri, you can have what you want. I will give the keets to you because I really don't have any room. I don't know why I set them eggs in the first place.
smack.gif

Just let me know.

MINE! MINE! If any hatch I'll take all you got! I'll even pay you for them!
If you have any extra eggs are you going to the swap on May 6th? Sell some to me & I'll set them in my 'bator. and THANK YOU! Now if I just go home & find a pea egg, or two.....

I have 24 guineas. I have some guinea eggs in the incubator right now. I set them 11 days ago, so they have 17 days left. I was only practicing on my incubating skills but if any hatch Terri, you can have what you want. I will give the keets to you because I really don't have any room. I don't know why I set them eggs in the first place. :smack

Just let me know.

MINE! MINE! If any hatch I'll take all you got! I'll even pay you for them!
If you have any extra eggs are you going to the swap on May 6th? Sell some to me & I'll set them in my 'bator. and THANK YOU! Now if I just go home & find a pea egg, or two.....

Well they are all yours. Let's hope for a good hatch because you know I suck when it comes to incubating. :lau

If you are going to the swap on May 6th, I will bring some to you. How many do you want and I will start collecting them on next week so that you will have some fresh eggs.

I didn't want to ruin the surprise but my girls sent their sisters a text and you should see pea eggs any day now. :lau

Well they are all yours. Let's hope for a good hatch because you know I suck when it comes to incubating.
lau.gif

If you are going to the swap on May 6th, I will bring some to you. How many do you want and I will start collecting them on next week so that you will have some fresh eggs.
I didn't want to ruin the surprise but my girls sent their sisters a text and you should see pea eggs any day now.
lau.gif

Wonderful!! I'll be at the swap, I guess about a dozen eggs will do. & let me know when the others hatch & I'll come pick them up lol need to restock some good boudain & tasso! I bet your incubating luck will change now. Mine did - except I still hatch more roos than hens!

Thank your girls for sending that text - now to only hope mine read & comprehend!
lau.gif

Hi all! I'm fairly new to BYC, I'm just SW of Shreveport close to the TX state line. Just wanted to say hi!
frow.gif
Anyone know any swaps or meets coming up close to me, would appreciate any info!

thanks!

welcome-byc.gif
You just missed the Monroe swap but Opelousas is only a brief drive down the Interstate -- come meet us! and there are a few La-yers up your way. What are you looking for?

Back
Top Bottom