"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
hide.gif
gig.gif

Congrats on the pea eggs!

My bator is finally empty! I never thought I would want a break from hatching, but I'm running out of coops, and so are my family and friends.
tongue.png

...er...making some duck houses though.
hide.gif

Last edited:
Here's some pics of the chicks I got by crossing my buff orp. Roo and white leghorns. Started out white but now are getting some buff. Do you think they will eventually be all buff are stay a
Mix of white and buff. Thanks
a6937817-a935-799a.jpg
a6937817-a96e-2d15.jpg

Here you go catdaddyfro.. and yea its been chicken crazzy around here. I got two styrofoam bators one as a bator and one as a hatcher. they havent stopped since Feb. Deffinetly gonna buy a cabinet hatcher next year. I single mate alot so its hard hatching from multiply hens at one time. I have a wire cage with a four way devider that i made to fit to keep chicks seperate. Do you still have that game rooster you posted a pic of a couple years ago?

Jerezano Cock

2 pullets and 9 of 18 stags loose on the yard less than four monthes old

1/2 Asil 1/2 Sweater

Well despite all the rain we had over the weekend I managed to build and finish a small grow out pen and almost finish a second one. I should get the second one done tonight. I built both of these to have inside dimensions of 3’ x 10’ with the bottom being about 16” off the ground. I have solid walls on 3 sides but on the front side, I have about 30” of solid wall and the rest 1” x 1” weld wire. I’m really happy with the way they came out and just in time too. I just got three young turkeys and now have a great little save place that I can put them in along with some young chicks I have.

Chris
Hey Chris can you post some pics?? I'm trying now to figure out something to build for the 4 Rio Grande turkey poults!! There almost 2 weeks old so I have a couple of weeks before there completly out growing everything I have!!

Hey Chris can you post some pics?? I'm trying now to figure out something to build for the 4 Rio Grande turkey poults!! There almost 2 weeks old so I have a couple of weeks before there completly out growing everything I have!!
Not the best pics but.....

The first one is almost done. I was not able to work on it tonight but at least you can see it and get an idea of what I have.

The other one is out by the barn and I don't have any light to light it up with but looking at both pics you should get the idea of what I have.

Also I just used wood that I have around the place so they are built very heavy. I'm constantly changing fence boards so I find creative things to do with the old broken boards like this sort of stuff. Some of the wood on these pens was old and some was new but once I have them finished and painted up they should look good.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom