"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Thanks for the welcome!

Oh, and those Sizzles are ADORABLE!!!! Are they good layers? They look as tho they would have loads and loads of personality!
wink.png
Not so good on the eggs but big on personality!!!

Chris

Here you go catdaddyfro.. and yea its been chicken crazzy around here. I got two styrofoam bators one as a bator and one as a hatcher. they havent stopped since Feb. Deffinetly gonna buy a cabinet hatcher next year. I single mate alot so its hard hatching from multiply hens at one time. I have a wire cage with a four way devider that i made to fit to keep chicks seperate. Do you still have that game rooster you posted a pic of a couple years ago?

Jerezano Cock

2 pullets and 9 of 18 stags loose on the yard less than four monthes old

1/2 Asil 1/2 Sweater
Hey Cadjien nice looking birds there, No I don't have the golden duckwing one as he had gotten in a fight lost one eye and really never ever recovered completely from it I reckon and eventually succumbed to something that just kept him all tired and stove up all the time I'm sure it was an infection of some sort. But I do have the red duck-wing boy and hes a goodun' too. I have access to about 10 more if you're interested in them I could call the guy and see what he's got left. He had just asked me Sat. evening at the races if I needed anymore game boys I told him nope. Holler at me I think they are supposed to be of Kelso lineage but you know how the rest of the story goes on that, they are most likely a mix of two or more strains of American Gamefowl the original owner that the guy got his from says they are from around the San Antonio area so more than likely they may have some mex/spanish influence strain(s) in them IDK they are very pretty birds tho.

Jeff

Here you go catdaddyfro.. and yea its been chicken crazzy around here. I got two styrofoam bators one as a bator and one as a hatcher. they havent stopped since Feb. Deffinetly gonna buy a cabinet hatcher next year. I single mate alot so its hard hatching from multiply hens at one time. I have a wire cage with a four way devider that i made to fit to keep chicks seperate.  Do you still have that game rooster you posted a pic of a couple years ago?

Beautiful birds.

Hey Chris can you post some pics?? I'm trying now to figure out something to build for the 4 Rio Grande turkey poults!! There almost 2 weeks old so I have a couple of weeks before there completly out growing everything I have!!

Not the best pics but.....

The first one is almost done. I was not able to work on it tonight but at least you can see it and get an idea of what I have.

The other one is out by the barn and I don't have any light to light it up with but looking at both pics you should get the idea of what I have.

Also I just used wood that I have around the place so they are built very heavy. I'm constantly changing fence boards so I find creative things to do with the old broken boards like this sort of stuff. Some of the wood on these pens was old and some was new but once I have them finished and painted up they should look good.

Chris

Looking good.

Good morning everyone. Hope everyone is doing ok. We had rain overnight. The yard is wet again. :hit

Nothing new over this way. Waiting for lockdown on Wednesday for the pea eggs. Also oping that my baby turkeys survive the wrath of these terrible mosquitoes. :mad: There is a fogger at Lowe's that I'm looking at purchasing to fog the grass to try and kill the mosquitoes and their eggs. I hate MOSQUITOES!!!!!!!!!!! :rant

Have a good day ya'll!

Here is some better pics....

This one is done less paint. The only thing that I think I'm going to paint on it is the plywood and leave all the trim natural wood.

Here is something else that I built with broken fence boards. I really like the way it turned out. It looks like it's been there long before the house was ever built.

I'm not sure if I posted this before but if I did sorry about that!!!

Chris

Back
Top Bottom