"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

PrimroseMom1, I also love Louisiana history but then again, I love history. My favorite subjects in school were English, History, Science and Biology. :)

I think that's too many eggs for her to sit on . I'm thinking that her friends (wink wink) helped with laying those eggs.

I have saw Flock Block at TSC but never bought any. It looks delicious. I have wanted to buy it but I didn't. Let me know if they like it. I may try getting it.

Right now they are mostly curious. They've pecked it some, but aren't too interested yet. I'll keep you posted.

These are the girls I got from ssterling. Aren't they lovely? They will be in their own big girl coop by the end of the week. Then I'll start trying to blend them in with the big girls.

Folks, I need a bit of help. I am in the Lafayette area and am looking for a couple more chickens. I do not want to start with chicks again. (too much trouble for just a couple). I have been watching craigslist and found these 2 ads. Any thoughts?

I currently have 4 barred rocks who are all about 8 months old. They are laying regularly, but it's just not enough. My coop is 4x4x4 with a large run, but they roam the yard sun up to sun down.

I'd like to add 2-4 more chickens to the mix that are good regular layers (preferably large brown) I know the color isn't important, I just like them.

If any of you are local and have some better suggestions, I'm open to them. I would like them either already laying are not far off to laying. I want them to be able to hold their own against my BR's.

Welsumer chickens

Welsumer one rooster and eight hen already laying also have chicks ,150baby guineas 2.00 each and bantoms 10.00 each , barnevelders 16.00 a pc also have one cokooh maran rooster one silver laced wydotte rooster americana hens wyndotte hens rhode island hens all ************

hickens 5 black giannt pullets 4months - $7

i have 5 black giants pullets 4 months 7 a piece or 30 for the five also 4 bantum roosters for sale email for info and location

Mine love it, I use crimpped oats, brown sugar and apple cider vinegar with the mother. Stinks bad but it seems the stinkier it is the more they like it.
I feed mine equal parts Flock Raiser and Scratch Grains one hand full of Rice Bran two caps full of Nutri-Drench and of course raw apple cider vinegar with the mother. It does not take long for it to ferment either, about 24-36 hours is plenty finee.

I feed mine equal parts Flock Raiser and Scratch Grains one hand full of Rice Bran two caps full of Nutri-Drench and of course raw apple cider vinegar with the mother. It does not take long for it to ferment either, about 24-36 hours is plenty finee.

Cool I'm gonna have to check out nutri-drench. Sometimes I put rooster booster vitamins and minerals.

Folks, I need a bit of help. I am in the Lafayette area and am looking for a couple more chickens. I do not want to start with chicks again. (too much trouble for just a couple). I have been watching craigslist and found these 2 ads. Any thoughts?

I currently have 4 barred rocks who are all about 8 months old. They are laying regularly, but it's just not enough. My coop is 4x4x4 with a large run, but they roam the yard sun up to sun down.

I'd like to add 2-4 more chickens to the mix that are good regular layers (preferably large brown) I know the color isn't important, I just like them.

If any of you are local and have some better suggestions, I'm open to them. I would like them either already laying are not far off to laying. I want them to be able to hold their own against my BR's.

Welsumer chickens

Welsumer one rooster and eight hen already laying also have chicks ,150baby guineas 2.00 each and bantoms 10.00 each , barnevelders 16.00 a pc also have one cokooh maran rooster one silver laced wydotte rooster americana hens wyndotte hens rhode island hens all ************

hickens 5 black giannt pullets 4months - $7

i have 5 black giants pullets 4 months 7 a piece or 30 for the five also 4 bantum roosters for sale email for info and location
I tend to avoid anyone who can't spell the breed names of their birds correctly.

Morning all!

We hatched 10 RIRs, 7 Wyandottes, 2 Basque, and a Blue Mille fleur d'Uccle on Sunday/Monday. Busy getting babies into brooders and ready to be sold.

All of my big birds who got moved into new coops last week are quite pleased with their new surroundings. I had 4 girls begin laying after I moved them and they had nests of their own. My silkies/showgirls are getting big enough to begin telling gender. I'd love to post a picture later of the two showgirls- originally named Betty White and Marilyn Monroe--are now Betty White and Rue Paul. Rue Paul has become the dominant male in that pen over silkie boys twice his size. Julie will just have to look away if I post them later. Big disclaimer at the top, perhaps?
wink.png

I am anxiously awaiting my peas from Terri once they hatch. I'll be on pins and needles once they make it to lockdown.

Anyone interested in getting the birds Terri is offering will not be disappointed. I have two of her hens and those girls are friendly, curious, good foragers, and lay daily.

Good morning all. Hope everyone is doing well this morning.

5 keets have hatched last night. They started hatching yesterday. They are 2 days early. Figures. They are always in a hurry to get somewhere. :/ Waiting on my 3 pea eggs to hatch. I'm crossing my fingers. I will be putting in 8 more pea eggs. The girls are still laying and I wish that they would STOP. They are stressing me out. This is enough already. I'm always anxious for them to start laying but now this is too much. I thought about selling the pea eggs but too many buyers are having hard times hatching the eggs and they are killing all of my babies, so looks like I will be better hatching the peas and selling them. I'm not an expert hatcher but fortunately, I have been having good hatches.

If anyone is interested in this........
Louisiana Show Clinic & Jackpot Show - August 10-11- LSU Ag Center - Alexandria, LA

Have a good day ya'll! :frow

Morning all! We hatched 10 RIRs, 7 Wyandottes, 2 Basque, and a Blue Mille fleur d'Uccle on Sunday/Monday. Busy getting babies into brooders and ready to be sold. All of my big birds who got moved into new coops last week are quite pleased with their new surroundings. I had 4 girls begin laying after I moved them and they had nests of their own. My silkies/showgirls are getting big enough to begin telling gender. I'd love to post a picture later of the two showgirls- originally named Betty White and Marilyn Monroe--are now Betty White and Rue Paul. Rue Paul has become the dominant male in that pen over silkie boys twice his size. Julie will just have to look away if I post them later. Big disclaimer at the top, perhaps?
wink.png
I am anxiously awaiting my peas from Terri once they hatch. I'll be on pins and needles once they make it to lockdown. Anyone interested in getting the birds Terri is offering will not be disappointed. I have two of her hens and those girls are friendly, curious, good foragers, and lay daily.
Congrats on the hatch!!! Pics of showgirls? Uh oh. You can post them. I just won't log on that day. :lau That disclaimer will be MUCH appreciated. :gig Sending good hatching vibes to Terri on your peas and Congrats to you to your new pea babies. Not sure if you have had peas before but just want to throw out there that peas are NOT the same as chickens and are 100 times more fragile as is turkey poults. I stress out for the first 4 weeks when caring for my pea chicks because you just never know how things will turn out. If not careful, you can lose a new born within 24 - 72 hours after they have hatched if they are not handled and cared for as a pea should. I know that you will give them A+ care but just wanted to give you a heads up. I have had a few people contact me and have read posts on BYC where people have lost their peas after 24 hours after hatching. I know that Terri will talk to you about their de-worming and schedule. Be careful about putting them out on the soil too early. If they eat a worm that is infected with cecal worms, they will be dead in days. Not trying to scare you but wanting to paint you the blackest picture so you will know. Once a pea is down, you have to get specific meds to try to save them and if not, then you kinda know what will happen. :oops: You may want to start looking now for an avian vet or keep the LSU Vet Med School number handy. I hope that you won't need it but you may. I hope that I didn't scare you but from one animal lover to another animal lover, I am hoping that this will help. Once you get your peas, you may want to begin going to the pea threads on BYC and familiarize yourself with some of the topics. There are about 5 people on that thread that are darn near pea experts (one in specific is Kathy (casportpony- remember her name). She is literally a scientist/pharmacist/vet/consultant and I'm sooooooo glad that she and I are BYC friends. Thank God that I have her telephone number so that I can call her at any time if I have any pea problems.) and in my opinion have more experience and knowledge than an actual avian vet. I would pay them to see my peas before I would pay an avian vet. :oops: And if you know me, you know I'm serious about my animals and I wouldn't let just anyone provide care to them. On that note and getting off of my soap box, I can't wait to see your peas. :weee

Morning all! We hatched 10 RIRs, 7 Wyandottes, 2 Basque, and a Blue Mille fleur d'Uccle on Sunday/Monday. Busy getting babies into brooders and ready to be sold. All of my big birds who got moved into new coops last week are quite pleased with their new surroundings. I had 4 girls begin laying after I moved them and they had nests of their own. My silkies/showgirls are getting big enough to begin telling gender. I'd love to post a picture later of the two showgirls- originally named Betty White and Marilyn Monroe--are now Betty White and Rue Paul. Rue Paul has become the dominant male in that pen over silkie boys twice his size. Julie will just have to look away if I post them later. Big disclaimer at the top, perhaps?
wink.png
I am anxiously awaiting my peas from Terri once they hatch. I'll be on pins and needles once they make it to lockdown. Anyone interested in getting the birds Terri is offering will not be disappointed. I have two of her hens and those girls are friendly, curious, good foragers, and lay daily.
Rue Paul! Bahahahahaha!!!

Back
Top Bottom