"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

these pics were from about six months ago out of a homemade styro incubator that I made..hatched great

baby white pea in with yellow golden pheasants

two bigger eggs were turkey eggs which were given to me and neither hatch and they weren't fertile...small eggs were pheasants...which also weren't fertile

my male pit saying hi to the new edition to the chickens...he was so confused on what was chirping in the box...also notepad to record temps and humidity during different times of the day

couple of the birds after moved to brooder

this is all the incubator was made of....one light

all the chickens in the background are a mix breed...obviously dad was barred rock...and these including the white one were the ones hatched and are now currently outside with the others....

very fun to watch the birds grow up and be productive in egg production...the white one will follow me everywhere and helps me build even in the snow that we got...she is the best

I here peeping! I was getting concerned we started on the same day. I went to add some water to bump the humidity up and finally hear them. Yea! I read an article on Brinsea about the cool down and they suggest 1 hour for chickens and 2 for larger eggs like duck and turkey. Pam

Oh good, if yours are just starting to chirp then maybe I'll have more than 1! Otherwise, I reloaded the incubator with American bresse and Rhodebars and we will try again! Hopefully no more power outages!

I have crested cream legbars and Bielefelders they are rare . I don't know if that's considered exotic. Pam
Exotics like peafowl and wood duck and golden pheasants etc etc I raise peafowl chickens geese ducks bantams and right now I hVe a pair of chiloe widgeons from Argentina and shelducks!

Exotics like peafowl and wood duck and golden pheasants etc etc I raise peafowl chickens geese ducks bantams and right now I hVe a pair of chiloe widgeons from Argentina and shelducks!

Some used to hatch peacocks but no longer or they don't post on the thread anymore. Your avatar sure is pretty. Pam

Oh good, if yours are just starting to chirp then maybe I'll have more than 1! Otherwise, I reloaded the incubator with American bresse and Rhodebars and we will try again! Hopefully no more power outages!

I started mine on the 19th around 10 pm. So they should start latching tonight. One of my hatches took till day 23 to hatch. I what day were you on? Pam

I started mine on the 19th around 10 pm. So they should start latching tonight. One of my hatches took till day 23 to hatch. I what day were you on? Pam

Mine went in on the 19 th and the 20.I had some eggs that were supposed to arrive on the 17th but the past office delayed 3 days, so they went in on the 20th. They are all on lockdown now and 2 have pipped. So I'm hoping!

Back
Top Bottom