"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

I'm so relieved she hatched out 2 more! These are makes like solid black I believe. I'm so thrilled she is taking good care of them. The other 2 have pipped, so hopefully they will all make it through. The oldest is so adorable peeking out!

Mom looks like a Carnation.
These surrogate broodys you guys are posting are really amazing to me :)

I'm so relieved she hatched out 2 more! These are makes like solid black I believe. I'm so thrilled she is taking good care of them. The other 2 have pipped, so hopefully they will all make it through. The oldest is so adorable peeking out!

Mom looks like a Carnation.

She's quite the looker. I wish I had a broody . But I do have 2 more chicks that's 20 so far and counting. Pam

I bet y'all will have one go broody someday. When they do its hard to break them. I've done it, but it wasn't easy. It's much easier to just give them eggs. I just wish we could both agree what schedule they are going to brood on, haha!

I bet y'all will have one go broody someday. When they do its hard to break them. I've done it, but it wasn't easy. It's much easier to just give them eggs. I just wish we could both agree what schedule they are going to brood on, haha!

I had that wild game hen pipien. But the LF rosteer tried to mate her I ran over and knocked him off but she must have had internal injuries.She didn't make it. Pam

You said you had saddle shaped air cells. Their is a article in the learning center on hatching eggs that says something about it. Pam
here is the direct link
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-eggs-101

Chick fever!!

I realized today that I scheduled my daughter's bday party for Day 20. Oops. Hope there aren't any emergencies while I'm partying with the 5 and 6 yos.

Yesterday my 83 yo grandma fell down some stairs and broke her ankle. Today my husband slipped on his way down from the 35-ft high ropes course and fell a couple of feet before the harness caught him. Our oven is going out, and there's mold in the guestroom from a water leak months ago. We're going to Georgia for a week at the end of this month, then I'm planning a bday party for my husband. Then he's going backpacking again. Then we're going to San Antonio for a week. Then my boy turns 3, and my chicken friends are having a baby girl. So by April I should be able to take a breath and hatch some babies!

I have this old cast iron claw foot bathtub in the yard that I always wanted to make into a fountain, or an herb garden... Something cool. I've had it about six years and it's never been anything but an eyesore. Now I think it would be a perfect brooder. So, we'll see if this plan sticks. I haven't told anyone, so no one else will have a chance to talk me out of it.
lau.gif

WHEW. That's a lot of words. I guess I've missed y'all.
wink.png
hey I seen you are going to san Antonio...well that's awesome....have you ever been there before....if not....there is a river there....go to it and they call it the river walk...there is a lot of restaurants right there and little markets....also right down by the river there is a tall tower....go to it...its a place where you can buy souvenirs....take the kids and the hubby and take the ride to the top...its so fast...I think you have to pay for the ride...but I took it to the top and went to the place and got a couple of things and then you can see the whole san Antonio...its a wonderful sight...and then above that is a restaurant...I guess I never went to the restaurant....so im not positive about that part....also you have to check out the Alamo...its amazing...what else...oh if you go for st patties day I guess they dye the river green....but not sure about that one...my grandmother ran the magazine "key magazine" in san antonio...but she passed along now...so I have no family in texas anymore...but it is a great place you will have a blast...

Thanks everyone..and yes it is hard. Some of these dang birds get under your skin.. I'm sure no one here understands..:) howdy Terri, hors is the.only one I remember. I'm breaking out my incubators..it's been a while, but got both the sportsman tore down for a good cleaning and the brinsea cleaned out!! I got rid of all those foam gators except the genesis... use it for icu if needed.

Joe

Back
Top Bottom