"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Where did you find this? So funny and true. :yuckyuck

Nice looking chicks! where'd you get them from? I'd sure put those eggs in a bator at least long enough to candle & see if they're fertile or not. I'm working on getting some more

Wellies myself - still my favorite breed but I have no roo for my hens - all of them are breeder not hatchery - Grisham lines.

I met a man in Leesville this morning and got them. They were selling the chicks in a fb group. Where are you from? At least 3 of the chicks are gonna be roo I can fix you up with one.

Last edited:
So... Found out today my neighbors flock has chronic Mareks infection. Her coop is about 250 feet from where I am building my coop. I don't have any chicks yet. My coop is halfway built and I was planning on getting chicks this spring. From what I'm reading about the dz my flock will likely be exposed by fomites (dogs, cats, etc). Thinking about not getting chicks now. Thoughts???

This stinks!!!

I got to meet Ms RIcrow today. It's fun to meet BYC friends. She has beautiful silkies. And a loaded incubator. My visit was shorter than I would have liked on the way home I thought of other things I would have loved to talk about. We will have to meet again. It was great to meet you! Pam

So... Found out today my neighbors flock has chronic Mareks infection. Her coop is about 250 feet from where I am building my coop. I don't have any chicks yet. My coop is halfway built and I was planning on getting chicks this spring. From what I'm reading about the dz my flock will likely be exposed by fomites (dogs, cats, etc). Thinking about not getting chicks now. Thoughts???

This stinks!!!

Buy them and have the seller get them vaccinated for mereks. Pam

We've had low humidity here too. Everyone's sinuses have been dry. I've been putting a pot of water in the stove to simmer. Seems that it would not be so dry with all the rain. But having the heater on and the cold temperatures do weird things. I've been needing to add water to the incubator every other day. I can't wait for the 60 degree day the weather man promised!!!!
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-eggs-101

Back
Top Bottom