"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

I wanted to get some Blue Wheatons also but I just don't have the room to raise them too.  If I could, I would be doing some serious chicken math like I used to years ago.  I am really trying to control my impulsiveness this time.  LOL

If you decide you want blue Wheaton Marans I know a breeder that has some beautiful ones and they lay very dark eggs as well. :)

[quowte name="mixedUPturk" url="/t/160883/louisiana-la-yers-peeps/45520#post_16739813"]I had a great time candling eggs with @lakones yesterday! :fl they hatch for the kids in the class!![/quote]
That sounds like fun. I bet the kids were amazed! Pam

[quowte name="mixedUPturk" url="/t/160883/louisiana-la-yers-peeps/45520#post_16739813"]I had a great time candling eggs with @lakones yesterday! :fl they hatch for the kids in the class!!

That sounds like fun. I bet the kids were amazed! Pam[/quote]

It was fun! They werent there this wk theyre on Spring Break, next wk theyll b there, but thatll b a better candle anyway. The teacher was pretty amazed! :lau

Thought I'd share! I have been told that bubble foot is caused by chickens having their rooster too high. The rule I was told for every foot the roost is high they need that amount of get in room to fly down. Consistent hard landings less to bubble foot. Anyway, I saw this herbal product on Facebook and thought it might be of interest. I think I might add it to my emergency kit. :)

That sounds like fun. I bet the kids were amazed! Pam

It was fun! They werent there this wk theyre on Spring Break, next wk theyll b there, but thatll b a better candle anyway. The teacher was pretty amazed! :lau[/quote]

Yea, the teach thought it was cool, but the kids next week are really gonna be fun! My little one is out next week so she'll be there too. Aught to be fun :)
Much thanks to Turk for helping with the hatch. I've asked her a million questions and she has come thru every time. Thanks!!!

Last edited:
I'm too impulsive too.  I couldn't resist and bought an incubator last night.  Now, I have to resist ordering eggs until I've had time to enlarge my coop.

:clap congrats on the bator!!

It was fun! They werent there this wk theyre on Spring Break, next wk theyll b there, but thatll b a better candle anyway. The teacher was pretty amazed! :lau

Yea, the teach thought it was cool, but the kids next week are really gonna be fun! My little one is out next week so she'll be there too. Aught to be fun :)

Your very welcome i am more than glad i can help!

Thought I'd share! I have been told that bubble foot is caused by chickens having their rooster too high. The rule I was told for every foot the roost is high they need that amount of get in room to fly down. Consistent hard landings less to bubble foot. Anyway, I saw this herbal product on Facebook and thought it might be of interest. I think I might add it to my emergency kit. :)

:lau "bumble" foot is an infection that sets into any ouch that it can, any tiny cut thats exposed to the bacteria. Its a terrible thing, ive treated a too far gone case myself, but the best thing you can do is keep clean quarters, without anything the birds can hurt themselves on, including high perchs which Can be a problem.

:clap congrats on the bator!!

Your very welcome i am more than glad i can help!
:lau "bumble" foot is an infection that sets into any ouch that it can, any tiny cut thats exposed to the bacteria. Its a terrible thing, ive treated a too far gone case myself, but the best thing you can do is keep clean quarters, without anything the birds can hurt themselves on, including high perchs which Can be a problem.

Sorry for the spelling errors. .. auto correct on my phone. I have never had bumble foot in my chicken, like I said this was told to everyone at the Marans breeders conference this last year during a presentation on flock health. Thought it might be an interesting natural product to add for flock health or that someone would be interested. The website was on the picture. ;) I'm sure bacteria can cause it too, the reviews on the product were great and looked much simpler than the usual way of taking care of it.

Back
Top Bottom