"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Well, I didn't fight the temptation too long.  I ordered some Icelandic eggs for the incubator.  I like the idea of raising a rare breed and since I plan to let them free range, these sound like a good choice.  Anyone else here raise them?

:lau 21 questions Go! :lau how many did you order? How far are they traveling? Your aware shippedeggs are harder to hatch than local? What kinda bator did you get? Do u plan to follow any special shipped eggs advice?

Last edited:
Well, I didn't fight the temptation too long. I ordered some Icelandic eggs for the incubator. I like the idea of raising a rare breed and since I plan to let them free range, these sound like a good choice. Anyone else here raise them?
They are neat looking chickens! I love raising the rare breeds, it makes you feel like your making a difference keeping beautiful birds around. :)
Yes they made it this morning. I ordered ten but one didn't survive the trip so I have nine. They are all thriving and are super cute! It was storming when we got home with them so I put their food in a dish temporarily. My feeder is out in the shop. They are all eating and drinking very well now and very chatty. LOL
So cute! Sorry one was lost! It's so sad when they come and there is a dead one. Love BBS! I'm sure they will be gorgeous!

Yes they made it this morning. I ordered ten but one didn't survive the trip so I have nine. They are all thriving and are super cute! It was storming when we got home with them so I put their food in a dish temporarily. My feeder is out in the shop. They are all eating and drinking very well now and very chatty. LOL
"Very chatty" is a great sign. Sorry about the one loss, it's always heartbreaking. Look forward to pics as they grow!

I'm so excited, I hatched out 4 Barnvelders awhile back and decided to keep them. I had my suspicions but I double checked today and all 4 are feathering out as pullets! Yay!

And here is my son Jordan holding his girls!

Back
Top Bottom