"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

:lau :lau :lau

Ohhh my dear friend, you aren't kidding when you say the hatching bug BIT you! So how long r u keeping the incubator? :p still :love that big open dome where u can see Everything!!

I had only the Smallest part in this, I admit that now :oops:

Wish you woulda asked me! The lower temps experienced by the mutitude of power outages may delay some of your hatchers. Obviously right up the highway, I have the same issues, and if it last more than 20 minutes I wrap the incubators n blankets to help hold in the heat. I have only lost two degrees in two hours doing that on a measured occasion.

:frow

Good to see so many of our people checking in!

I guess y'all have figured out by now that when I'm over a wk without posting Busy isn't the word for the breakneck speed im running.

April first I had whittled down to only 32 birds, now we're up to 130, waitin on two more piped eggs. These four eggs I stole from under my broody hens when each of em killed a chick. Had to give em a chance, they blew it.

:lau yes CodyA that is exactly what it is :lau A Lot Of Chicks you got me alright :p

:lau :lau :lau

Ohhh my dear friend, you aren't kidding when you say the hatching bug BIT you! So how long r u keeping the incubator? :p still :love that big open dome where u can see Everything!!

I had only the Smallest part in this, I admit that now :oops:

Wish you woulda asked me! The lower temps experienced by the mutitude of power outages may delay some of your hatchers. Obviously right up the highway, I have the same issues, and if it last more than 20 minutes I wrap the incubators n blankets to help hold in the heat. I have only lost two degrees in two hours doing that on a measured occasion.

I bought the incubator so it stays here except when she hatches in the class. Ive also had broodies BIG TIME this spring. I did use a few of those as well.

anyone here use shrink bags to package after processing? I've got 20 that we are doing Friday and I want to make sure they don't get freezer burnt before using.

Last edited:
@Ron Skekel

Pam what was your cure for sour crop? Flat coke and that's it? Just feed it to them? Asking for a friend. Also can you tell me who to contact for NPIP? My local extension office has no clue. :(

Edit: I found the NPIP info. :D

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom