"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

:gig
They're stunning, pics hardly do em any justice

Turk is right, I've not been able to get a pic that really shows how lovely they are. He's a couple I have got.

@Ron Skekel

Pam what was your cure for sour crop? Flat coke and that's it? Just feed it to them? Asking for a friend. Also can you tell me who to contact for NPIP? My local extension office has no clue. :(

Edit: I found the NPIP info. :D

Flat coke will dissolve organic matter in the crop. Massage it in case it's impacted. Pam

So I stole All my broodys eggs cuz I had a couple dead chicks, well they immediately went back to their nests... So I decided to let each of them try raising babies that had their legs under them. Last night I gave each of them two CM cockrels, from my hatch on Saturday. The turkey completely rejected hers, but the black Cochin...

Conclusion is, they can incubate, this one can raise youngins, but they can't hatch? Silly birds! I'll keep workn the issue :)

Last edited:
So I stole All my broodys eggs cuz I had a couple dead chicks, well they immediately went back to their nests... So I decided to let each of them try raising babies that had their legs under them. Last night I gave each of them two CM cockrels, from my hatch on Saturday. The turkey completely rejected hers, but the black Cochin...

Conclusion is, they can incubate, this one can raise youngins, but they can't hatch? Silly birds! I'll keep workn the issue :)

Love them broody momas!

The bottom pic shows them well. I'm fixing to make some changes. I may get eggs from you down the road. Pam

I just noticed one of my BLRW hen's sneezing, picked her up and saw some clear discharge. I'm hoping it was just from sneezing (she was dirt bathing), but now I've got to check them all. Hopefully nothing serious, but gonna be super careful none the less.

My honas are great broodys they hatched 6 and 4 made it. Sometimes a young hen if Hungary will eat them. One of the hona chicks was squished. The up side is they are accepted into the flock. Mine are small enough to run through each coop. All the chickens leave them alone even the batchlor coop. Pam

I just noticed one of my BLRW hen's sneezing, picked her up and saw some clear discharge. I'm hoping it was just from sneezing (she was dirt bathing), but now I've got to check them all. Hopefully nothing serious, but gonna be super careful none the less.

Separate her now and watch her. Pam

Back
Top Bottom