"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

So glad to read that some of your boys and girls are ok. Sorry for the losses and devastation. The water is just starting to get her. Stay safe and strong!

Be careful and safe. This is nothing to play with. I've lived in Zachary all of my 46 years and have never seen anything like this! We are always the place people evacuate TOO, not FROM. My land is the highest spot on my road so we are lucky. Other neighbors has 3+ feet in their houses and more in their barns and we do not live in a flood zone. My 1st focus was keeping people safe, now I'm tearing out floors and walls, next I'll be rebuilding. Like I said, we are luckier than some!

Could someone identify what kind of goose this is? They are about 3 months old.I think I have a male and female by the sound of their honking. Do male geese get a curl feather on their tail.Well,like most all of you in south Louisiana,we had a very rough weekend. I did 2 chicken rescues in 2 days but that goodness I didn't loose any of them! I hope you all did as well!!!

Our house and shop took water, we had to call for boats to come get us. Our entire road is now part of redwood creek. Don't know about the coops/chickens yet, will prolly be Monday or Tuesday before we can get back in. We are still luckier than most. Y'all stay safe.

I'm so sorry you were affected by the flooding. I hope your flock makes it. You in my prayers. Pam

Our home and shop flooded. I had to turn all my ducks loose because they started getting tired and I was afraid they would drown.I brought my Ameraucanas on the back porch and put them on a picnic table and put all my German New Hampshire's on a ladder in their coop and hoped for the best. Surprisingly, everyone survived and we are doing major cleanup. My prayers to all affected by the flooding. It's been horrible!

Our home and shop flooded. I had to turn all my ducks loose because they started getting tired and I was afraid they would drown.I brought my Ameraucanas on the back porch and put them on a picnic table and put all my German New Hampshire's on a ladder in their coop and hoped for the best. Surprisingly, everyone survived and we are doing major cleanup. My prayers to all affected by the flooding. It's been horrible!

Glad to hear all are safe! I understand the major cleanup part. We finished getting all the floors out yesterday and started cutting Sheetrock. What a mess! Still a long way to go but we will get there!

Due to the flood I am going to let most of my chickens go. Their building is horrendous and I do not have time to clean it now or anytime in the foreseeable future. I'm also not going to have the hour or 2 or more each day to take care of them. I will keep about 8 or 10, but that's all I'll be able to handle for a while. If anyone is interested in some of them just let me know. The sooner I get them out of the mess the better otherwise I'll loose them to respiratory disease or predators.

Due to the flood I am going to let most of my chickens go. Their building is horrendous and I do not have time to clean it now or anytime in the foreseeable future. I'm also not going to have the hour or 2 or more each day to take care of them. I will keep about 8 or 10, but that's all I'll be able to handle for a while. If anyone is interested in some of them just let me know. The sooner I get them out of the mess the better otherwise I'll loose them to respiratory disease or predators.
awe, I'm sorry to hear that but I totally understand. I am thinking about the same thing. I could have lost them all. It was horrible!

Back
Top Bottom