"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

:frow

We flooded at my place in Zachary too. 2ft in my trailer Means 5 in the coops. I only have a handful of birds left, but like my dear friend @lakones these few are all I can manage for a little while. My thoughts and Prayers are with all of you whom this water is moving Toward right now.

So sorry for all of the you who got flooded out. We are now cleaning and cutting our walls open. I'm so darn tired already and we have so much left to do. My heart goes out to all who have been affected by these floods. We feel blessed that our flooding was minimal compared to the people in the center of it all with water over the roof of their homes. How absolutely horrible! My prayers for you all.

Fowl friends - I am in New England (though raised in Georgia), and want to ask you all what the best help would be for those of us far away to do for you.

Please forgive me if this was mentioned before and I did not go back far enough in the thread.

I am in Abbeville,LA (southwest Louisiana),fortunately I was able to rescue all my flock and got no water in my home. Thank God! With that being said,my Prayers and Thoughts go out to those of you that were!!! I will continue to support you in any way I can. Once your life has become normal again,please contact me and I will give you the number for some great folks in Houma area that raises a variety of chickens and ducks to get your new start. I know how much our feathered friends bring JOY and LAUGHTER into our lives,and would be happy to help RESHARE that JOY AGAIN! Again,I am sooo sorry for your losses,but WE ARE A STRONG AND RESILIANT PEOPLE,AND WILL RISE AGAIN!!! GOD BLESS,CHELSIE

Fowl friends - I am in New England (though raised in Georgia), and want to ask you all what the best help would be for those of us far away to do for you.

Please forgive me if this was mentioned before and I did not go back far enough in the thread.

What a sweet offer!!!
My family and I are some of the lucky ones, we can fix our house. We lost minimal furniture, appliances, etc... Tearing out walls, insulation, doors... Also I can do most of the repair work myself. Others were not as lucky. Some lost their home, cars, etc... I know many folks that their home will be able to be repaired, but they lost all their possessions, cloths and stuff. The churches and PTO here in Zachary are providing clothes, school supplies, school uniforms, toiletries and such as we'll as providing meals for those that were affected as well as the volunteers that are helping us get floors, Sheetrock, insulation, cabinets etc... out so the houses can start to dry out. The churches and athletic teams from the high school are providing volunteers. The schools here I believe will start back on Monday. A neighboring city, central city, had water in most of their schools (all but 1 I think) so they have a lot of work ahead. Baton Rouge had damage to 30+ Public schools as well as many/most private schools. And this is not over! The water is simply moving south and flooding the next city, then the next, then the next. By the end there will be people affected from southern Mississippi to the coast of Louisiana. As I say, we are some of the lucky ones.

Last edited:
Also,I can keep extra fowl at my home if ya'll need!!! Plenty of free range area with no preditors or hawks! I would be HAPPY to assist in this way if anyone needs!!! Reach me on here or Facebook under Chelsie Blanchard......

I'm here in Livingston Parish, which if you've been following has been one of the hardest hit areas. It's total devastation here for my family, friends, and neighbors. More than anything, please pray. It's still rising in my area but has gone down in others. People in areas that the water has receded are just trying to pick up the pieces, salvage what they can, and trying to beat the mold (which is not covered by flood insurance). Just pray and if you can get to those in need, donating bleach and mold / mildew preventing products or helping to remove furniture and drywall would be very much appreciated. As soon as we are able to get out of our house (we are flooded in) we will be out trying to help. Also, I imagine there's going to be a lot of sick birds and getting to dry feed and meds is going to be difficult for a while. I have Corid and Sulfadimethoxine ready to share with those in need.

Back
Top Bottom