"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Well I found someone close who had hens that would trade me a hen for my lil black rooster that I had just gotten so I'm loosing big time especially if they do have something contagious because she kept my roo for her too hens
somad.gif
that's why it very stinks

No I had a lil black pullet and a roo and told her that and she said she would take the roo aslOng as I paid her some cash too and well when I was going to put the two girls I got from her she put my roo in the pen where the two sick ones where . So now I can't take my original roo back because he's been by her sick ones. So now I'm out of three birds and here's pics of them first one is it's swollen eye second is it's other side and the white one
61ff47fb.jpg
aafe84ee.jpg
a7587217.jpg

Quote:
Good idea! Get them out of there and gone. Not worth losing your flock. That's one reason I'm so glad that I hatch my own birds.

Golly. Now I'm rethinking that I will keep two roos -- just so I can hatch more of my own down the road. That just sucks!

Hey can it get any more beautiful than this morning? 67 balmy degrees & nice north breeze -- have the house open & NO AC running! Jim finally had a good night's rest & is feeling cheerful today!

Went outside & picked some satsumas off our tree; had those for breakfast along with toast & little sausages and fresh laid eggs over easy!
tongue.png

And o top of that my hubby is mad because they are sick he's going to be really p o Ed at me when I ask him to bring them back and to Leave that one roo because if I do take him back he'll just get all of my chickens sick too
sad.png
boy I pray he has a better day at work because he's got my car so I can't bring them back til he gets home gosh man
sad.png
this stinks but I read somewhere that they will be a holder of it for a lifetime but if they lay eggs do they pass it to the new chicks threw that?

Quote:
In some cases they can transmit the disease through the egg.But not all diseases.However,once it's there its there.Whether you hatch eggs out and get rid of the parents.The contagion is still in the environment.You would hae to completely eradicate and clear for a few months then restart fresh.

O no I was just wnderin the egg thing because if I bought hatching eggs not knowing theres where sick and hatched them would they eventually get my healthy hens sick and those silkies have not gone past the carport I ain't taking any chances I have my three week old BLRW chics in the coop with a light so I really dont want them to get sick

Back
Top Bottom