"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

They were shipped from Mississippi. Express says they will be here Friday, but Shreveport usually slows me down by a day. I anticipate them going to Alexandria on Friday and having to drive over Friday night to get them. I hate leaving them to be transported to my PO Saturday morning--that's 3 days in a box. I am hoping they are in good shape. He said he put 22 in the box.
You know I'm a newbie, but it sounds like a good idea to me go to Alexandria. They're so little and 3 days seems like such a long time. I am praying for those little babies. ( I am also praying that my two are girls. I am already in love.) I can't wait to see what your new babies look like. Be sure to post fotos.
smile.png

Last edited:
They were shipped from Mississippi. Express says they will be here Friday, but Shreveport usually slows me down by a day. I anticipate them going to Alexandria on Friday and having to drive over Friday night to get them. I hate leaving them to be transported to my PO Saturday morning--that's 3 days in a box. I am hoping they are in good shape. He said he put 22 in the box.
Glad that you are finally getting your chicks. Keeping my fingers crossed that they all arrive OK.

If anyone is interested in soil testing and how to tell what type of soil you have, let me know. Or if you plan on purchasing any property and want to know what type of soil that property has, I can show you that as well.
I have one spot in my yard, and every time I let my horses in the yard they eat the dirt in that area. Confused until a friend told me that there might have minerals in the soil. Any truth to this?

Oh my, one of the girls has takin a liking to Hubbys tablesaw lol I chased her outta there 3 times and she took me on like a Roo and RAN over and jumped up anyways. I took a 6 min video lol of her plopping out her egg and the egg song so I just took a few stills off of it to share.

I'm getting rid of a Brinsea Octagon 20 Eco incubator and turner. Asking $140 for both. I might also be interested in trading for some adult birds, hair sheep, or a combination of any plus cash. PM me if interested.

UPDATE: Sold to Bugglesmommy!

Last edited:
Yes, that is exactly what I am referring to. There is a link that I can send you and the t ype of soil that you have is already listed with the USDA. There is also info where you can send you soil off to be tested and they will give you a full report as far as what type, problems, etc.

In my soil testing class this weekend, they gave us the website to go to to find this info. I typed in my address and it showed me an aerial view of my property and the types of soil that I have. I was able to speak with the guy and we talked about my soil and planting, etc. I can send you that link and walk you through it and give you the info for the soil testing.

You are right on target in your thinking. ;)

would appreciate it greatly if you could send me that link, too! thanking you in advance!!!

Ok. You're welcome.

If anyone is interested in soil testing and how to tell what type of soil you have, let me know. Or if you plan on purchasing any property and want to know what type of soil that property has, I can show you that as well.

I have one spot in my yard, and every time I let my horses in the yard they eat the dirt in that area. Confused until a friend told me that there might have minerals in the soil. Any truth to this? 

Interesting. Not sure but can find out.

Back
Top Bottom