"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

For all you isbar lovers Walli Johnson is a top isbar breeder and in contact with the three top Isbar breeders in Sweden. He is going to import a new line of Isbars! He has a go fund me account going with some great benefits if anyone is interested. I can send you the link. Should be awesome! When the new import from Greenfire became available most were very disappointed in their body type and breeders from Sweden thought they were not pure Isbars. Not saying one way or another. Just opinions from other breeders. These coming in will be amazing! I'm excited to see what they can bring in. They will match the European SOP. :)

Last edited:
lau.gif
21 questions Go!
lau.gif
how many did you order? How far are they traveling? Your aware shippedeggs are harder to hatch than local? What kinda bator did you get? Do u plan to follow any special shipped eggs advice?

I love 21 questions! I ordered eight eggs from Wisconsin. They are descended from David Grote's lines. I'm hoping for a 50% hatch rate so I'm leery of shipped eggs but to get this breed, I didn't have many other options. I bought a still air incubator and egg turner from Tractor Supply. It's the model 6300 from Miller. I set it up last night and it's holding temp well. Without any added water, it is reading 48% for humidity. I had a similar incubator for the duck eggs years ago and it worked ok, nothing fancy though. I have a LOT to learn. I'm still waiting for my wife's reaction. Her silence is rather worrisome.....
fl.gif

I love 21 questions!  I ordered eight eggs from Wisconsin.  They are descended from David Grote's lines.  I'm hoping for a 50% hatch rate so I'm leery of shipped eggs but to get this breed, I didn't have many other options.  I bought a still air incubator and egg turner from Tractor Supply.  It's the model 6300 from Miller.  I set it up last night and it's holding temp well.  Without any added water, it is reading 48% for humidity.  I had a similar incubator for the duck eggs years ago and it worked ok, nothing fancy though.  I have a LOT to learn.  I'm still waiting for my wife's reaction.  Her silence is rather worrisome.....:fl

:lau :fl im glad your ready to learn! Incubating has quite a curve! That bator is known as a Little Giant 9300 i had to lookit my box to figure out what you were talking about, Miller manufactuer and item # 6300 :thumbsup That modle can be greatly improved with a fan but the fan type heater is whats different from the 9200, with the heating element which holds temp slightly steadier.

Im glad its holding steady for u tho, do u have secondary calibrated thermometers and hyrometers? Alot of how steady the incubator remains is in the enviroment and how steady that is. With such special eggs i figured you want all bases covered and digi devices can each default at any given time.

My LG93 fried 21 duck eggs in a temp spike before i gave up on it :( with only 8 eggs ordered do u plan to set some others in all that space? If not id recomend sealed sterlized containers of water so that they Dont raise your humidity and they help hold your temps more stable. With only 8 eggs in total id be concerned about temp swings. If youll trace the air cells on days 7, 14 and 18 you can monitor their growth and determine if your humidity is in the right range.

Shipped eggs can be treated differently but results vary. Mostly jus plain and simple shipping does dammage and it will or wont be bad enough. :confused: i havent set shipped eggs but a friend has hached eggs i sent to her. Ive seen most people hold onto them to let them settle at least overnight. You always want the big end up. Some air cells may roll inside the egg.

:smack me if i talk to much, i :love hatching tho and im more than glad to help :oops:

Success!
You figure out where you gonna hide the new breed?

Not yet. :lau :oops: right now they look like Bresse. Lol he said no new breeds so technically I'm good LMBO ! I have one so that's my story and I'm sticking to it. They are Easter babies too. One more hatched overnight. 5 left that means 19 chicks. I will check shortly to see if they are still alive. Pam

Back
Top Bottom