Lucky - the Story so far.

I looked that up last night. It's the painted marbles that may contain lead. If these marbles are glass that's what I used. Put a whole bag in the same water dish you have.also I was sold some super boost vitamin powder to add.it smelled sweet.
You could try wetting the food, just add warm water til it's like oatmeal then he'll get food and liquid . Put a tablespoon full on a flat plate. Mine stand it it and eat but at least they're eatting!!!

Just remembered I was advised to boil an egg and feed them some white on day one, then mix the rest with seed so he's tempted to eat it, try that

My bantam just hatched 2 eggs this morning!  I don't know who's more excited her or me!!  She keep going broody, so, on the fourth time I gave her 2 eggs (not hers).  I didn't know the other hens would want to help her out with eggs so I didn't mark them.  The next day I found 4 eggs in the nest, not knowing which ones where there first I let her have them all.  

OK, now what do I do?  Do I keep her and the chicks in the coop with the others, or more her and the chicks some where else?

Most people sperate them at least for a week or two. A mini coop near the other birds is often good so they aren't strangers to the flock. The other eggs may hatch in a at our two if she is still sitting.

I dipped his/her beak in the water and he/she drank. I'm just nervous to leave anything deeper than a few millimetres in there in case he/she drowns.

I read somewhere that marbles in the water were a solution but are normal glass marbles with the colour swirls in them safe to use?

Yes, those marbles are fine, although I've never had an issue with healthy chicks drowning. Quail on the other hand frequently drown in deep water.

I dipped his/her beak in the water and he/she drank. I'm just nervous to leave anything deeper than a few millimetres in there in case he/she drowns.

I read somewhere that marbles in the water were a solution but are normal glass marbles with the colour swirls in them safe to use?

Any glass marbles are safe, just wash and sanitize them first then rinse the sanitizer thoroughly.

Back
Top Bottom