Lucky - the Story so far.

I sanitised the marbles and put them in a larger pot with water, I put Lucky's beak to it and he/she drank straight away..
big_smile.png

Also, at the suggestion of chiques chicks we placed a small teddy bear in with Lucky and he/she pecked at it and knocked it over. We checked later and Lucky was fast asleep on it!
lol.png

Lucky is now 4 days old, drinking, eating mushed up chick crumb and pooping for England!

He/she is very active and I could watch for hours.

Now for the next problem.

Due to my disorganised hatching programme I have 5 more potentially viable eggs due on Sunday. One of these, another RIR has pipped and has started to unzip.

The question is, when this chick emerges and if more do over the next day or so can I safely put them into the same brooder as Lucky?

So, at 7.30 this evening Nugget hatched. A RIR from a different clutch of eggs to Lucky

He/she pipped on day 19 and tried to zip all day today. She got to this stage:

Then struggled for hours.

We gently helped and here he/she is

Nugget hatched in my Brinsea mini Eco incubator and is in there drying out with 4 unhatched eggs.

Problem is that he/she is pushing the eggs around and doesn't have much space. What's the earliest I can move the chick into the brooder?

Back
Top Bottom