lump and parrot beak Mrs. Meeps

sammy94901

Chirping
8 Years
Sep 1, 2015

Hello, I have a 5 week old chick who is smaller than the others, has a parrot like beak, and a lump under lower beak. I trimmed it down 3 days ago. She still seems to be struggling to get her food down. I think the lump is blocking her throat. This morning she is standing there with her eyes closed and trying to swallow even without food or drink. I think she is dying. What should I do?

Last edited:
Was this ever diagnosed? Have a chick with parrot beak and lump under beak vvat 4 weeks. Did it live a good life?

Was this ever diagnosed? Have a chick with parrot beak and lump under beak vvat 4 weeks. Did it live a good life?
I just now found this thread, so I'm sorry for the delay. But the lump is actually it's tongue. Mine has it curled up and stuck in that position just insist throat. I've learned that they can live and most require tube feeding at some point in their lives.

I have a 9 week old chicken with what sounds like the same condition. Any information you can provide is appreciated- I was considering trimming her upper beak but don’t want to do anything that might hurt her. She is quite the character already. She is the smallest of all the girls her age but she is leader of the pack. I would happily post pictures but can’t figure out how to insert them in my message?
Thank you for any advice you have!
Matiebean
IMG_5989.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5980.jpeg
    IMG_5980.jpeg
    533.8 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I have a 9 week old chicken with what sounds like the same condition. Any information you can provide is appreciated- I was considering trimming her upper beak but don’t want to do anything that might hurt her. She is quite the character already. She is the smallest of all the girls her age but she is leader of the pack. I would happily post pictures but can’t figure out how to insert them in my message?
Thank you for any advice you have!
MatiebeanView attachment 3541148
This is exactly what’s going on with my chick. I wonder if it’s her tongue stuck down in there! She has a parrot beak and a soft pouch under her beak.

Back
Top Bottom