Lumps on back of baby chick

Did you figure out what this was from? Just noticed my largest chick has something similar and I am also using the Premier1heating plate for the brooder. I think she is rubbing her wings on it.

Hi @Quik1th :frow Welcome To BYC. It looks like the OP has not been online since April 2017.

I can only assume by the last comment she made, that the chick was rubbing off the feathers/formed calluses by pressing them against the plate. :confused:
Do you notice any rough spots in the coating or even hot spots on the plate that could cause this?

I raised the plate earlier today after seeing the “wear marks” on the wings.
Chicklets are sleeping now so I will check the plate bottom in the morning when I clean the brooder to see if there is anything rough or any potential hotspots.

Thanks for checking in on me :frow

I raised the plate earlier today after seeing the “wear marks” on the wings.
Chicklets are sleeping now so I will check the plate bottom in the morning when I clean the brooder to see if there is anything rough or any potential hotspots.

Thanks for checking in on me :frow

Let me know what you find out:)

No obvious rough or sharp spots, however it is pretty warm to the touch.

I think she is just rubbing her wings across the bottom a lot. May adjust it even higher just to help out with that. I have it set at an angle because we have staggered ages of chicks.

Back
Top Bottom