Made a nipple waterer!

Some nipples will work if they are pushed up or at any angle water will come out. If they happen to be sitting on and angle, gravity would cause the stainless steal push pin to want to fall making water come out. I just purchased some new watering nipples off of ebay that need to be pushed up. They don't work like the 360 degree angle nipples. They may not leak in this particular situation.

Updated in first post. I would delete this reply, but I can't so here it stays...

Last edited:
Here's the redneck coming out in me... what about taking a wire clothes hanger and cut out the middle section. Heat up a nail to punch two holes in the top of the pitcher and inserting the hanger ends. Bend and cut so the lid will shut. I bet you could still use the yellow bracket but you might have to raise it up a bit.

I am absolutely in LOVE with my 3gal bucket - It needs filled only once a week or so and the water stays fresh and clean enough that I'd drink out of it. Lots of O2 bubbles clinging to the sides and I've only cleaned it twice in 1 month... I know that sounds negligent and gross, but wait til you see how clean this stays. You'll love chicken nipples, too!

Quote:
I love this line.
lol.png

Quote:
Thanks for the idea! I did get it straight by putting a metal hook next to the handle, so that problem is fixed. I will definitely consider the 3 gallon bucket if we ever decide to upgrade, though
big_smile.png
I wouldn't want to go any bigger than that since the coop isn't gigantic (4X8) so it would take up way too much space.

So far I do like the new waterer. It's so much cleaner for the girls, and super easy to add ice to on these hot days
smile.png
I left a cement block under it, and it does seem to be wet every time I go out; but I think that's just because my hens aren't the neatest drinkers
tongue.png
I haven't seen it drip since I leveled it out, and I've been out there working in the coop a few different times.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom