Made my own duck diaper *directions added*

Here is my prototype I finished today. It is intended for an American Buff goose.

This is the front (part that goes under goose's belly). It's hard to tell from the photo, but the two straps are sewn to the front, forming a half loop. The goose's head will go through this loop. The adjustable straps came from an old bra I haven't worn in years.

Here is a side view. I went with an open tail design so the goose can reach her oil gland. The pouch at the end is to catch all the poo. It fastens directly across the goose's back with bra hooks. The strap that runs the length of the goose's back was made with the other bra strap and fastens with a button. I decided to use a coat button since that's what I had on hand. It was my first time using the button hole feature on my brother sewing machine. It's not pretty but it works great!

Back view closed. Fastened securely vertically with button and horizontally with bra hooks.

Back view open. I sewed a liner into the poo catcher to hopefully reduce/avoid leaky messes. I also sewed a piece of elastic to help make it more of a pouch. If I get a few days use out of it, I'll be a happy camper. I am going to use disposable diapers cut in half as inserts. Now, all I need is a model. I can hardly wait! :D

I know you posted your duckie diaper several years ago, but it really came in handy for me when I got 3 Indian Runners for Easter last week 4 my kids still at home. I bought the socks and a very small dog nylon collar (5). I had some narrow elastic to tie into that. I'll post you a pic if the experiment works. Of course, I will have to buy 2 more collars if this works. By the time they grow out of them, hopefully, old man winter will have gone for good in Indiana and I'll have my electric net fencing to put them with the chicks Thanks for your easy suggestion.

Omg! Check out my first attempt at sock diaper. Poor Sammy fell on his face and immediately went to sleep!

They kept falling over and running backwards. Definitely not a big hit so far!

Omg! Check out my first attempt at sock diaper. Poor Sammy fell on his face and immediately went to sleep!

They kept falling over and running backwards. Definitely not a big hit so far!

I can't even stand it! I laughed so hard at this I woke my husband. In fact I'm still laughing my butt off.

I just googled duck diapers and this post came straight up, Iv made two and will be trying them after dinner, I can't wait to see if they will work, such a fantastic simple idea, thank you x

It worked really well, the two I originally made were too small but I tried with bigger socks and it's fab, now we can have our babies out so much more
1f60a.png
1f60a.png

Super easy and super non restricting.....the girls used these briefly when they were bitty. A panty liner cut in half contained any mess
1f609.png

Best part...no tying anything! Heel cut out and decent portion of top cut out....zero pressure or restriction on wings! Cutting out the heel made it much more natural for them to walk, no fabric making them straddle.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom