Mahonri's 3rd Annual, BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

I had a crunch of a little giant fall off. I got some Styrofoam cut the same size of hole. Used aquarium silicone glued in the hole. Works next great. It was on a corner so was Little difficult. just filled the small holes with silicone. Chicks hatch just fine.
I chicken love Styrofoam years ago I put some by the garbage I was amazed how much they ate. Thought for sure they would die Did lose a bird.

The stucco-ing is actually on our list of things "to do" ... eventually. It's a triage list right now and the styrofoam just doesn't rate that high. The driveway's washed out and the roof's almost ready to go, we need trees down ASAP, the front yard beds are a mess... poison ivy needs to be removed... so they'll probably continue to eat it for another year or so. No one's died. They mostly peck it and drop it, not eat it.

Wicked cute!

Just a heads up SCG, Stucco is just as yummy to chickens. . . Hasn't killed any of mine yet. . .

And X 2 on the wicked cute.

I am still (always) behind on this thread but, soo glad it continues.

gig.gif

I pop in to read, even if I don't post (usually)!
big_smile.png

Deb, I so need to get a current pic of Scampi so you can give me the news on the sex.....based on behavior...I'm thinking male....
sad.png
I have three of the "nomad" group that are looking good at this point....hoping all three hatch!
fl.gif

Okay, took one and no one posted so editing this post with a pic of Scampi......Golden Campine hatched from eggs from debs_flock during this Hatchalong....

I know....only three weeks old....but what do you think?

I only had one gold campine and it was my only cockeral, but I think this is a pullet. The little boy made it obvious early on with his ginormous comb at an early age.

Here you go Mary, sorry I didn't get the pictures taken yesterday. These were taken about an hour ago and the chicks hatched the day before Easter.

Pullet (sorry I didn't get her comb too well in this shot)

Cockerel (very obvious comb and it pinks up quickly)

Side by side for comparison

Deb

Thanks for posting those Deb!! I'm hoping
fl.gif
the three left from the "nomad" shipment all hatch so Scampi will have some more Campines to hang with!

Today, I will be swabbing the Easter chicks for MG as they are 3 weeks old now. Please pray that the results comes back negative and the experiment had worked. I will not get the results back for two weeks! It will be a long wait. :(

Back
Top Bottom