Mahonri's 3rd Annual, BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

14 of the 20 due-to-hatch-Thursday eggs have hatched, and I am hearing peeps from from of the Easter Hatch eggs! Maybe I will have an Easter chick sometime today.
big_smile.png

Now, can someone explain pipping, peeping, zipping etc.....I feel like you are all speaking a foreign language!!

Pip: first breakthrough of the shell. They can sit like this for HOURS without progressing and that's normal:

Zipping is where the chick starts scooting around the inside of the shell and breaking it open in a line like a zipper:

Then they sit for a while and rest, and then push with their feet until they're out. Then they're hatched!

Pip: first breakthrough of the shell. They can sit like this for HOURS without progressing and that's normal:

Zipping is where the chick starts scooting around the inside of the shell and breaking it open in a line like a zipper:

Then they sit for a while and rest, and then push with their feet until they're out. Then they're hatched!

THANK YOU! So amazing! Can't wait to see it for the first time and for the kids to get to see it too!!!

Ooooh! SCG, I was heading to TSC in Windham yesterday and was driving behind a car with a bumper sticker that just said SCG. Couldnt figure out the meaning cause all I could think was "Hey! Shes on BYC!"

THANK YOU! So amazing! Can't wait to see it for the first time and for the kids to get to see it too!!!

Ooooh! SCG, I was heading to TSC in Windham yesterday and was driving behind a car with a bumper sticker that just said SCG. Couldnt figure out the meaning cause all I could think was "Hey! Shes on BYC!"

I'll need to get one! But this is me (seriously):

27 out and now 3 pips... 2 Icelandics and the last sulmtaler.

I just wonder WHY did two of Peachicks eggs hatch so early in the Brinsea (along with a goodly number of Icelandics... which I expect to hatch early) and all of the others remain.??

YEAH!!!!! Woke up at 6 to 3 wet chicks flopping around in hatcher.
celebrate.gif
Since this is our first hatching attempt, I was so excited, I ran in and woke up my 8 yr. old daughter so she could see them. she said "Their kinda cute but ugly, I'm going back to bed, wakr me when their cute!" Apparently I'm much more excited than she is.
ya.gif
32 more in the hatcher to go yet, hopefully!
fl.gif
gig.gif
My eight year old laughed too!!

27 out.

2 more pipped!! Both Drekki Icelandics
I just wish my Peachick Ameraucanas would hatch. All I got SO FAR from her eggs is 1 Am and 1 Sumatra.
I'll "man up" and be grateful for those I get!

I'm hoping that I'll get more in the next two days.

THat's the spirit!!

I have two bantams hatched, one zipped and one pipped. Still waiting on my standard sized eggs to do anything !!

This is my 3rd incubation and my first success with bantam eggs.

I beleive the smaller eggs usually hatch first--so your larger eggs shouldn't be far behind.

Well I am up to two pips now, but the first wrong-end pip has not progressed
sad.png

Hillbilly Hen has nice German NH's too

I often help the wrong-end pips, as they are not as able to twist and zip. ANd thanks for noting HH as anouther source!

Quote:

I love this! Thank you soooooo much!!!

I have a Pip! Whoooo Hoooo!
wee.gif

Now if only I could call in sick to work..... cough... cough.... I think I'm coming down with something.
. . . cough . . . cough . . . . cough . . . . I think I have it , too.

Quote: No posting issues here. I did change the settings to eliminate a few things like the carousel and avatars = much faster loading!!!!

Back
Top Bottom