Mahonri's 3rd Annual, BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Cynthia so glad I am not where you are right now. I will stop feeling sorry for myself with our dusting of snow so far.
I thought I heard the sound of one of the eggs pipping and I was right, Goldie's egg just pipped! I have been dying to get an EE baby out of her. First egg in the styrobator to pip!

I hope you don't get tired of seeing my pictures but I am sooo Proud! LOL
First is my own first baby.

She is having fun trying to perch on the edge of that carton and doing a really good job of it. I am hoping she incurages the egg beside her to hurry along. that is the only other egg I have that is piping.,

Sis has two working and one that is like mine. It is the green one in upper left beside the two brown eggs. Pipping on the back side .
And here is Sis's first chick. I took it out when it got dry. It was not doing good in there kept getting on its back and couldn't get up. It did dry out really fast and I scooped it and its egg up and put it in with Tweety Bird.

I went out shopping and came back to a BCM hatched! I have one actively zipping too! I have 2 that pipped at the wrong end that I laid on their side with the pip up. Nothing has happened with them in a couple of hours now. No progress. How long do you wait before trying to investigate and maybe help the chick. Have a bad feeling that the 3 with the exterior pips are now dead.

I have had one with an exterior pip for at least 6 or 7 hours now. It was pipped when I got up this morning and occasionally I see it move, but I'm totally nervous.

On another note I do have this little guy pushing the others around

Back
Top Bottom