Maine

We're looking at moving to Sourthern Maine. Maybe Standish. Does anyone know the best way to go about finding info on where it's legal to keep chickens?

sunny & the 5 egg layers :

Are any of you from Rumford Maine? Me and my family were thinking about moving there (we are from Massachusetts) and we were wondering what people did for jobs there? It seems like a beautiful town.
smile.png

Thank you.

have you ever been to rumford? did you sniff the air? it's a paper mill town. I suppose it's a smell you get used to, I'm glad I don't have to get used to it. now if you like rumford but want less smell, mexico is right next door, a bit further from the mill.​

Quote:
It is legal in Limington which is right next to Standish. Nice little town too. But, as Hoppy said, give the town halls of the towns you are interested in a call. They would have the most up to date information. Well, hopefully they would. Sometimes I wonder with some towns since you can often get five different answers from five different people on the same question.
smile.png

Quote:
I live in Temple, where it is legal to do ANYTHING
lol.png

My point is that in rural areas, there is not much restriction and most folks move to Maine because they like the freedom......

sunny & the 5 egg layers :

Are any of you from Rumford Maine? Me and my family were thinking about moving there (we are from Massachusetts) and we were wondering what people did for jobs there? It seems like a beautiful town.
smile.png

Thank you.

Rumford is a bit smelly. It's where my family is originally from... none left there now. I think jobs are tough there. But if you are in love with it, give it a try!​

Quote:
Rumford is a bit smelly. It's where my family is originally from... none left there now. I think jobs are tough there. But if you are in love with it, give it a try!

At least look for a place upwind! Nice hiking in that area.

Quote:
Rumford has a paper mill. It stinks. Really!

Maine has few jobs except for the coast where tourism reigns.

Also, Mainers do not like people from "away". I've lived in Maine for 8 years now after moving here from southern New Hampshire and I'm still considered an outsider. Try northern New Hampshire where the natives are friendlier.

if you can do the maine accent your better accepted. I get so many out of staters tell me about my maine accent (what I have an maine accent???) I'm not from maine so I just laugh.

Back
Top Bottom