Maine

My pullets are laying well. I'm getting lots of nice little pee-wee eggs, lots of nice colors. I couldn't be more pleased with this current generation. I still have a trio of Buck Eyes 5 months old, and a few hens from last year's hatch that I am looking to sell.

I have a have-a-hart, could try setting it up on the tree line. The tractors are in the middle of the field where up until this year we've never had issues that far away from cover.

I suspect a coon too, reckon its gotten brazen. Carcass is going to go in as bait, I have a blind on order now from ebay and will be doing some camping if the trap doesn't get it.

This is the first real productive bird it's gotten fortunately, the others were 3 year old layers barely putting out and a rooster that was probably going to get culled before winter. This is one of my favorite breeding experiments who put out gangbusters and only 1.5 year old.

So sorry. Every time I let my birds out to free range, I look at them, and wonder to myself, which one would I be willing to give up to the hawk or the fox. Obvious answer, none of them. And I just know that when my flock does get hit, the pred is going to take one of my favorites. It always seems to be the favorites that range the farthest, and are the last ones to respond to the call when Jack calls them to safety.

Grr...

Leaves already starting to turn!

Lets hope this years snow is better then last year :fl
Didn't we have good snow last year? I only remember that it wasn't so cold.
I was really pleased to see that DH widened the path to one of our coops. He had to move fences that were buried in a jungle of brambles. Now, he'll be able to back the 6' wide snow blower in there. There will be some tidying up to do with the shovel, but no more shoveling the whole 10+ foot path.

Didn't we have good snow last year? I only remember that it wasn't so cold.
I was really pleased to see that DH widened the path to one of our coops. He had to move fences that were buried in a jungle of brambles. Now, he'll be able to back the 6' wide snow blower in there. There will be some tidying up to do with the shovel, but no more shoveling the whole 10+ foot path.
Uh, haha.
Yeah, we had a good snow.7 feet of it.

I ment, better snow, not as much, and not sticky and wet.

Seriously bucka...
16649250_1212952228759336_2017755180186399102_n.jpg
16708495_1213784058676153_9143770096588601194_n.jpg

I will never forget last winter.

Back
Top Bottom