Maine

Gracejr: Sorry it won't let me PM you. I love the first two in the individual pics. How much are they? Can I arrange pickup for late next week? I think I can message you tomorrow. It said I have a message limit of 2 per day. I just didn't want to lose the opportunity to get those pretty girls.

It is free for the public to get in. we have a lunch wagon set up and they serve hamburgers and the like as well as hot coffee and breakfast items in the morning (but you are more then welcome bring your own).
bring money and keep your eye out for some nice birds, there will be some for sale. quite a large class of juniors entered and some good prize money too.

Is there an entry fee (for the public) for the show tomorrow? We'd like to come, but it's far enough away that if we have to pay to get in as well as pay for the gas...we may not. Cheaper to stay at home and read...

IN my dreams it is not going to be wet and cold at Windsor tomorrow.
See ya all there.
I'll be the one with 20 layers of clothes on.

Suggestions, anyone? Stew, the RIR, dominant rooster is on the slow bus re: figuring out how to use the ramp to go up to the pop door into the coop. So, I've been giving him some remedial education, going out every night after everyone else is tucked in, and walking him up the ramp. Also doing it a couple of times/day. He's developed a mean streak, either because he doesn't like my hands on approach, or he does not like it when I herd the rest of the flock in after being out for some free range. (only speculating about what is going through his tiny little bird brain.) So, when I feed them now, he attacks my hand. And tonight when I went out to put him in, he was in attack mode. So I just left him outside in the run. I've read suggestions including: to dangle an aggressive rooster upside down by the feet, take them down to the ground and hold them in "submissive" mode for a bit, carry a big stick, and get the stew pot boiling. He's not quite big enough for the latter approach, but getting there. I can't have an aggressive roo, scared of what might happen when my naieve 6 y.o. gets in his face to read him an other story.
What I did with my Roo after all else failed is, I took a light weight plastic snow shovel, when my roo came after me as a shield, I scooped him backwards and just kept pushing him back around the yard until he was tired enough to back off. after a couple times of this he is now behaving himself.

the sale area will be under cover in the new sheep barn (next to the poultry barn) and that is also where we will have our auction and raffle table.

the sales area has some spots reserved and the remaining spots are first come. cages are available and already set up if someone wants to use them both bantam and lg fowl sizes. set up fee to sell is $10. if any one has anything for either the raffle table (generally new or handmade items) or the auction, which can be anything including birds, hatching eggs, household items etc in good condition. all items are donated and the resulting money benefits the club to help with show expenses and other things.
If anyone that is entered would like to know their exhibitor number, pm me but warning, i still have alot to do to get ready so I will try to get back to you, but I may not. make sure to pick up an exhibitor list at the show (at the show secretary's desk)

Quote: No problem...I know the drill. Guess I'll stick to the usual setup places for sales, like near the bathrooms! lol

Hey everyone its kaleb. from belgrade. new to the site and trying to learn all i can. i have 5 mallards and. 20 laying hens of mixed variety including white leghorns. buff o's americaunas and others. and one rooster that we do not know the breed. looks like bard rock but with a difrent type of comb. gunna try my hands at incubation and make it to as many swaps and shows as possible. best way to identifie me is my hazordous hick gear. hat hoodie and shirts. hope to meet and learn from everyone

Back
Top Bottom