Maine

I've had a few sneezers too. But I've checked everyone's noses & eyes. No one has a fever so I told them they had to go to school...oh wait...that's my line for the children!
wink.png
Seriously I've been keeping an eye on them. I really think it's all the pollen.

gracejr--Good Luck to your mother on the little chick!
fl.gif

It makes me feel a lot better to hear that I'm not the only one with sneezers right now! No other symptoms, well not really-one has a little nasal discharge, so I decided to bring her in for the night and keep her extra warm- this worked last year when I had one who was sneezing and coughing and so congested she had to breathe mostly through her mouth- a day inside, vetrx and some warm weather, and she made a full recovery!

Ok I feel a lot better to hear I'm not the only one with sneezers! I'm just going to keep an eye on them and make sure nothing develops.

Another chicken injury tonight. :( We had to move around some of the fencing and left a chain link panel in the run leaned up against the other fencing. A 6'x6' panel fell over and crushed my oldest sons favorite girl. :( She is rattling when she breathes and has blood around her nostrils. I have a feeling there are internal crush injuries. Short of paying out the rear for a vet and X-rays is there anything I can do at home? Goin to try searching in a bit. She is inside now in a hospital cage. Hopefully she will pull through, K hasn't had great luck with his favorites. First one died this winter and the other was killed by a dog. :(

Ok I feel a lot better to hear I'm not the only one with sneezers! I'm just going to keep an eye on them and make sure nothing develops.

Another chicken injury tonight.
sad.png
We had to move around some of the fencing and left a chain link panel in the run leaned up against the other fencing. A 6'x6' panel fell over and crushed my oldest sons favorite girl.
sad.png
She is rattling when she breathes and has blood around her nostrils. I have a feeling there are internal crush injuries. Short of paying out the rear for a vet and X-rays is there anything I can do at home? Goin to try searching in a bit. She is inside now in a hospital cage. Hopefully she will pull through, K hasn't had great luck with his favorites. First one died this winter and the other was killed by a dog.
sad.png

Keep her indoors warm and dry. Sounds like you're doing the right thing. High calorie food. Add sugar to her water and up her protein (get turkey or game bird starter if you can) if she's eating.

Back
Top Bottom