Maine

I am tickled. Last night my HUGE flock (of 6 birds) 5 out of 6 of them put themselves into the coop. I have had to pick them up one by one and place them into the coop but last night they finally got the idea. VICTORY LOL

Clucksy (crushed bird) is still with us today, so that's always a good sign. Going to get some yogurt for her, plus scrambled eggs and such. Would the chick crumbles be a better choice for her right now? She's quiet and not moving much, but not agitated or acting in pain.

Chick with the broken leg didn't make it, but at least he's not in pain.

Last day of school today here. Where did the time go?!

Rumford TSC
This is a brand new store opening this Sat, June 15th. I have set up a swap for the second Sat of each month through the swap season. I have also left it open to add another maybe at the end of the months. It will run from 9am to 2pm. The store is located on Rt 2 in Rumford in the mall at 1016 U.S. 2 Rumford, ME 04276.

We have also been asked to take part in the Grand Opening which is on June 22nd starting at 8am. There will be many large item giveaway drawings and many demonstrations. Everyone is welcome to come and set up and take part.

the facebook page can be found here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/534324886631530/

Picked up new chickens today! 3 welsummer pullets and a roo, a marans and a buff chantecler. Shipped off my two problem chickens to my uncle last night. Everyone is in the coop now, lets hope for a nice easy transition!

I'm so tickled to find this thread! We have 9 hens currently, and that isn't enough (there are 7 of us here, and unless we ration our eggs, we have to buy some every now and then). We'll be adding 6 chicks next week, and they will hopefully all be hens. I'm adding 2 Welsummers, 2 Cuckoo Marans, 1 Wheaten Marans, and 1 Wheaton Marans/Faverolle cross. We love to have our girls freerange, and with school out we can keep a more watchful eye on them so they don't get into our garden too often.

We also have Silver Fox Rabbits, and 7 Toulouse geese. We will be adding some meat birds in July.

I'm so tickled to find this thread! We have 9 hens currently, and that isn't enough (there are 7 of us here, and unless we ration our eggs, we have to buy some every now and then). We'll be adding 6 chicks next week, and they will hopefully all be hens. I'm adding 2 Welsummers, 2 Cuckoo Marans, 1 Wheaten Marans, and 1 Wheaton Marans/Faverolle cross. We love to have our girls freerange, and with school out we can keep a more watchful eye on them so they don't get into our garden too often.

We also have Silver Fox Rabbits, and 7 Toulouse geese. We will be adding some meat birds in July.
!
welcome-byc.gif

I finished the run today. It's a pvc hoop house covered with wooden lattice. It is lightweight and easily portable (like an oversized tractor). My game plan is to put the coop inside it and wrap in plastic in the winter and make a little greenhouse. I also got a pack of super cheap solar lawn stakes, removed the stake part and placed them in the lattice along the top. Now it glows at night. Hopefully that will deter predators from going near the coop.

Back
Top Bottom