Maine

More pics to hopefully comfirm pullets???

Gonna say pullets, but I would really like to see closer to be sure. There is one I am not sure about. Want a nice OE cockerel to go with them?

Last edited:
600 a month not bad...
Things have REALLY changed while I was overseas.
Or the property market is very different from Michigan
Probably some of both.

Ive only been up to the County, as Aroostook is known by us natives, once so I am not familiar with the rental market up there but around here $600 a month would be a steal. It may make more sense to look into buying a place.

600 a month not bad...
Things have REALLY changed while I was overseas.
Or the property market is very different from Michigan
Probably some of both.
Oh Lordy, don't buy something right away!

Rent and look around.

Also, you need to get a dose of what it means to be "From Away" when you move to Maine
roll.png

Welcome to the new people~
The geographic region is much more important than the map lines in many places. Unless you're going to school. hehe
Moving around the world those lines get blurry the closer you get to them, in many cases even the languages start to blend.

The Caribou move is looking quite expensive, rent is average of 600!!! That's crazy for a place so remote.
Maybe theree's something I'm missing about the area. I know its very well known for productive famring so... maybe?
Still this may prove to be too expensive for me.

Also probably wont get the job anyway ;P

Have a great weekend everyone!
I'm from Maine. Lived in Presque Isle and worked in Caribou. I lived in Sault, MI also when I was stationed on an Icebreaker. I stayed in MI but moved south along Lake Michigan. It's bloody cold in Caribou, more so than Sault Ste. Marie. The people in Northern Maine are different than southern. My wife is from Camden. I still own land in Athens. Anyway in all my dealings that what's I think. If you like 10 months of winter and 2 months of poor sledding Caribou's for you.

My local Blue Seal had a truckload sale yesterday $2 off every 40-50 pound bag of grain. Not too bad a savings. I was low on food anyway so I picked up two bags of layer pellets for the birds and two bags of hay stretcher for the horses. I also earned enough points with their rewards program to get $10 off my next purchase.

Cleaned out the giant dog crate that I have in the pen for the birds. Now the crate is clean and drying in the sun and I have a mound of very wet shavings, hay and other gunk in the middle of the pen. Have to wait for that to dry out a bit before I can remove it. Also found some hidden eggs in there. Nice ripe ones. I just love it when you accidentally crush them and they explode.
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom