Maine

Oh my goodness! There were TWO pale blue eggs in the nest box about 30 minutes after I posted the photo above. Is it possible that my EE was a little backed up and laid two eggs at once? She has seemed uncomfortable for a few days now. One egg was a little wrinkled and dented but the other was perfect. They were still warm when I took them out of the nesting boxes. I have two EEs, but the other's comb is still pale and she isn't showing any signs that she is ready to lay.

As often as the experts say that it's not possible for a chicken to lay more than one egg in a day, I'll come back and say, some animals and people for that matter refuse to live by the rules. I have a BSL that once laid 3 eggs in a 24 hour period, 2 of which were witnessed 5 minutes apart... So, given that you say you only have 2 EE and the other one has yet to declare her intentions, or show signs of being ready... you be the judge!!!! (and I'll agree!) Congratulations!!!

Last edited:

That is great. Of course around here if the program was tried there would be an uproar about the health and safety of the residents and workers. After all those chickens might be rabid.*
wink.png

*Yes I know rabies only affects mammals and not chickens.

Oh my goodness! There were TWO pale blue eggs in the nest box about 30 minutes after I posted the photo above. Is it possible that my EE was a little backed up and laid two eggs at once? She has seemed uncomfortable for a few days now. One egg was a little wrinkled and dented but the other was perfect. They were still warm when I took them out of the nesting boxes. I have two EEs, but the other's comb is still pale and she isn't showing any signs that she is ready to lay.
Congrats! Typically dents and wrinkles on an egg means it met up with another egg in the tract.

My EE did that too, the first day she laid and I thought that somehow I missed one the day before. Last week, she did the same thing: nothing on Wednesday and two on Thursday!! She's my "egg machine!"
clap.gif

I have a couple of roos looking for homes if anyone is interested in some rare colors. I have a chocolate orpington bantam and a standard sized buff laced brahma. asking $30 each.

Congrats! Pretty eggs! I love when they are still warm.

That was a really sweet article, anyasmifya. They must keep lots of pooper-scoopers handy!

I went into the coop just now and moved my low-hen-on-the-totem-pole onto the roost and she actually stayed. It was the first time she hasn't immediately jumped off. Perhaps there will be progress.

I thought I'd post pictures of the "babies". They are all about 8 weeks old now- It looks like we are going to attempt having 2 roosters- hopefully this goes ok!

I'm down to only 2 hens laying- I'm hoping maybe a few might start laying again after they finish their molt...and before spring!

Back
Top Bottom