Maine

SanCarlos- Welcome in here with that NN. I know that will make SCG happy :)

Polly, you know its not on you where the birds go or how they live or die. People can say whatever they want to when they buy or sell. Its definitely a risk. Remember that you are aiming for quality and you are fair. There are people everywhere who hoard and even many who don't that have no ... well, their lives are filled with trash, with and without chickens. I worked with a family once that never let their little dog outside, just had their kids take turns picking up the messes. I have walked down alleys where I could just see in windows and it was cleaner in the alley, with more room to walk. Money is green no matter who carries it. Doesn't mean the grass is, but you have to make a living with your business so this is a risk that's going to be taken. Usually you don't know this has happened and I always find it a shock that people live this way much less that they include animals in the mix. I am an animal person for a reason.
hugs.gif
Hope to see you soon.

Wee Acre - how horrible! So sorry to hear that happened. It is so easy for people/companies to pretend to be something other than they are online - both buyers and sellers - and it is near impossible to tell otherwise. (Think puppy mills that on their websites show cute pups running in a field when the reality is so very different.) Hope these people get what they deserve.

I don't usually post something like this, but I have to now. For those of you that sell chickens or ship chickens, please try and make sure your birds will have a good home. I sold a dozen Icelandics to a person in Conn. last summer. I am so heartbroken right now you see the birds I sold , I thought was going to a good home and be able to free range instead of being confined to their pen and run. Never in my wildest dreams did I think this person was going to treat my birds or any birds for that matter the way she did, My birds never saw the outside, they never ran in the grass, they never breathed fresh air, they never lived period. I am going to post this article and there are pictures if you click on the little house on the right. I am sick, tears have been running down my face since I saw this. Words cannot express what I am feeling right now. Pleas do not sell her anything, we have heard she is trying to buy more birds. She has probably changed her name since she has no profile Iknow it will be hard to know her now. She went by the name of Merry Haaynak. Moderators if this is not allowed please remove, I thought people ought to know

http://www.courant.com/community/pl...e-sick-chickens-0315-20140314,0,6372866.story
I sold her some birds too......I just posted the link to the article on my Facebook page.

People I know are going to see that.

And by the way, she has a Facebook page....

hugs.gif

Wee... ((Hugs))

Widget - lucky bird!!!!

I am getting ready to put eggs in soon!!! Excited!!! I've hatched Quail before not chickens. So kids are really excited too! They loved watching the quails hatch.

Cant find it.. Ive been searching for her for a while, trying to see what I can find out about her. Hope they put her in jail and never allow her animals again. Do you have to link to her FB page?

Cant find it.. Ive been searching for her for a while, trying to see what I can find out about her. Hope they put her in jail and never allow her animals again. Do you have to link to her FB page?

Oh yes, sent you a pm

I've found other people who have sold her birds - news travels fast!

My eggs are heading into day 3. I've finally got a handle on the cool/warm spots in the incubator. No where near as forgiving this time, as I'm using all available space. Tin foil is my new best friend! I don't think the highs and lows have bothered them because I'm shifting positions 4 or more times/day. High spot was 103, low 98.5. No high spots now.

Lets hope that the coming cold weather this week is the last of winter!

I've got EE roo over EE, RIR, and PBR in the incubator. The PBR should give black sex link pea comb olive egger. Have ordered chicks: Dominique, Rose comb brown Leghorn, and Pioneer (DP meat birds). What was I thinking???

Back
Top Bottom